Domain Empire

Anybody have an experience with this company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
anybody got an experience with this hosting company ?

http://www.nextboxhosting.com

kinly post your experiences here for a rep, i want to make a decision today or tomorrow. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never heard of them but their site looks like a template. Looking at their domain they have been around 6-7 months however the whois information shows some unprofessional results (Email addy listed is [email protected])

Reference: whois.sc/NEXTBOXHOSTING.COM

•••
jmweb said:
Never heard of them but their site looks like a template. Looking at their domain they have been around 6-7 months however the whois information shows some unprofessional results (Email addy listed is [email protected])

Reference: whois.sc/NEXTBOXHOSTING.COM
something to ponder for me about. thanks. :) rep added.

•••
•••
the cheap pricing attracted me to their site though and on their site it says
Overselling Enabled Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
what does that mean?

•••
Its like an airline. They often sell 600 seats on a plane that only has 550 seats. The airline takes the risk of having 50 people show up that may not have seats.

In the web hosting industry it is the exact same but the host usually sells 2000 seats when they only have a plane that can fit 500. And by the looks of it, thats exactly what they are doing.

Though the price might be attractive, whats more important. Price or quality? If price, then go with them. If quality I'd suggest you move on.

•••
ok thanks :)
i'll go with quality i might end paying up for more.

•••

That means that you can oversell on their reseller plans.

I haven't had a look at their plans so I can't comment of that.

•••
Yes their website seems like a template, and although there's nothing wrong with that, it seems to make an impression on me as a website who is hardly making enough money to pay for their own server(s). They have shoutcast and teamspeak plans, but because I believe they have only a few servers, chances are you might end up being hosted on the same server as one that is hosting shoutcast/teamspeak (gaming servers in other words..).

Also their news are really old... some expire on December 31st 2005.

Also if you want to purchase a dedicated server using their form, they do NOT have SSL. I wouldn't feel safe purchasing from them.

•••
thanks for a good advise, reps added.

•••
Offer Expires: Jan 29/06 @ 11PM CST

They obviously don't update their page too often, eh? :|

•••
Have seen their link on a few forums, but never tried them out though.

They havn't updated their website very much which is important to do, also their support is offline, and that usually shows sign on a "slow" support team.

But about the hosting you could always do a search on them in google to find some feedback about them:

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=nextboxhosting

And also maybe do a whois lookup and see how long they've been in the business.

- Blade1941

Last edited:
•••
•••
I know the former owner. He was very helpful and had a few servers so definately game servers and shoutcasts are host different from normal cPanel hosting. His name is Utcrazy at Namepros but recently he sold it. Hope that helps.

•••
thanks zest. rep coming your way. :)

•••
Nope never heard of them. No phone number = STAY AWAY.

•••
they offer shoutcast does the shoutcast includes the server software and client software already free on most shoutcast hosting? have you got any experience with this?

fmjohnny said:
Nope never heard of them. No phone number = STAY AWAY.
rep coming your way. :) usually phone numbers are useless for us in the Philippines.

•••
No phone number doesn't nessesarily mean that they don't have good support. If I was a hosting company, paying for a toll free 1-800 line would mean higher prices for the customers. It all depends what support you want, e-mail and live support or real-time chatting on the phone.

•••
ZestNetwork said:
No phone number doesn't nessesarily mean that they don't have good support. If I was a hosting company, paying for a toll free 1-800 line would mean higher prices for the customers. It all depends what support you want, e-mail and live support or real-time chatting on the phone.
No Phone number = no business. A working phone number should ALWAYS be listed in the whois and people SHOULD check this before buying hosting. What happens if your host goes down and you can't reach their support site or backup support site?

John

•••
They do have a phone number listed in the WHOIS.

•••
weblord said:
the cheap pricing attracted me to their site though and on their site it says
what does that mean?
Resellers can generally do what they want within the rules and guidelines of reseller hosting. but when the host (which is a reseller of Speedhost.com) is telling (and thus encouraging) the reseller that they do have the ability to oversell, you are going to run in to problems.

You are going to find that oversellers accounts start out nice, especially if you're one of the first ones on the server, because you have all the space and bandwidth you need - all to yourself. This can be nice, but once you watch the people come stuffing themselves onto the same server as you, you are going to see your bandwidth capacity murdered and your site go down frequently. Its happened to me, and that is when I decided to go with a reliable host (so far) in site5

-Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back