domain Any thoughts on this name - twofar.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FINALCUT

Impact
twofar.com

Has an interesting ring to it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree; it is interesting indeed. Estibot has it appraised at $530 USD, if you had not known. Not sure who the target audience would be

•••
I grabbed it for 15 bucks. I figure I can hold it for a while until the crazy LLLL people decide that the next hot thing is crazy LLLLLL domains. LOL. I have no idea what is up with the LLLL domains right now but the People on ebay are acting like rabid dogs over them and I have none to sell. I have a couple LLLLL names that I just listed there as part of a bundle so we will see if those sell.

•••
I can see any value in this one, those 2 words don't make sense together

"Too Far" - maybe

"Two Far" - Sorry, not for me

•••
TwoFar.com "Two Far"

Agreed. Really doesn't make any sense, or apply to any business. Even as a slogan/motto, there's nothing there to work with.

I grabbed it for 15 bucks. I figure I can hold it for a while until the crazy LLLL people decide that the next hot thing is crazy LLLLLL domains. LOL.

The more letters you add, assuming we are talking about purely brandable/made up words, the more variations there are, and the more you'll need to spend to corner that name. Otherwise, what's stopping a business from seeing your name, and deciding to change the last letter from an "A" to an "O'. "Well I can just register that!!"

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
jfar.com and nfar.com sold for 104$ and 190$ in 2014/2015
twobe.com sold for 134 in 2015

Estibot values it at 540$, but I think it's too high

It seems nobody has an idea of what to do with this name

May be people like 2far.net, tofar.net, twofargone.net, 2fargone.org or alike might be interested

So, I'll risk an estimate in the high xx$ or very low xxx$

Keep in mind that I am a novice. I hope my post will raise some discussion from real experts.

•••

Word of advice. The sooner you stop dwelling over less-than-optimal purchases, the better off you'll be. I've had far worse names somehow find a home with an end-user. Unless your buying with an end-user in mind and/or direct path to a return in profit, every name will be a waiting game. A name like this won't have an appraisal value unless you have a buyer in hand.

With this name, you're running into too many variations, which could be a good thing, considering your only $15 into it. To make the best out of a bad name, the optimal choice would have been "Too Far", at least that makes some sense compared to 2, two, to. With that in mind, see if there's any sites/business currently around that may be residing on 2far.extension, twofar.extension, etc., etc.,. If they have a budget and a need/understanding of brand protection, they may want it.

Similarly, and this isn't a lead I'd waste the time exploring (at least at 1st glance), but something like twofaroffroad.com . TwoFar would be offering them something just a bit shorter. Shorter is typically better.

But again, don't dwell in the appraisal section when you've already received a number of them. Especially if you are just waiting for an $X,XXX+++ valuation. Anyone who says what's against the consensus, is typically going to be wrong (limiting this to domain appraisals).

•••
Estibot value is too high. Your best bet is to wait for the perfect customer to come by but that is like winning the lottery and you won't know if the offer will be the best you will ever get for it. Try to sell it at over 15$ so you won't lose money on it.

•••
Find someone who wants to copy Uber and have the currency of the app be the Far

•••
Use two-seater bicycles instead of cars! Only two Far per mile!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back