Dynadot

Any one insterested?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I am planning on getting a Dual Xeon 3.0GHz~ with HT server to host many proxies.

My question is,

Is anyone interested? I know proxies are ram hoggers, so do you think the above plan is fair?

Proxy Package
100MB Space (proxies don't need alot of space, right?)
50GB Bandwidth
DirectAdmin
$14.99/mo

Do you think that's fair? Considering the server fees, and ammount of ram needed.

Please let me know, and if you have a proxy PM me if you are interested so I can go ahead an get the server!

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like a decent plan... but I'd recommend that bandwidth be upgraded to 75GB atleast... proxies use quite a bit of bandwidth.

•••
Good idea, I may do more also, just looking at the options right now.

•••
may i ask what is proxies?
thanks.

•••
j4l4ni said:
may i ask what is proxies?
thanks.

Proxies are Websites that offers anonymous surfing on the Internet. Basically, a proxy hides your I.P and uses their I.P when you type in a URL on their address bar.

•••
How many proxies are you going to host?

•••
cb711 said:
How many proxies are you going to host?

About 20ish.

Remember this is a very powerful server, it could hold a lot more but I am limiting it. This is just an idea for this box anyways, I am just about to colocate it and wondering what to do with it.

Thanks.

•••
Though you need less space for proxy sites but bandwidth and RAM are highly used and on shared environment it won't be feasible cos on most occasions these proxy sites eat all the server resources so finally the host has to terminate your account and ask you to move on to dedicated server.

•••
May I ask how would you eat a Quad Xeon (4 Physical Processors) with 8GB Ram, full server resources? Honestly if you are, then something is terribly wrong with your proxy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back