Dynadot

discuss Any active websites with www in their names? wwwdomain wwwurl wwwaddress etc...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Naming

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello,

Help me to find active websites on the web with www in their names. Can www be like a web prefix?

E.g. Dotcoms
wwwdomain.com
wwwurl.com - owns Namefind
wwwaddress.com - owns Namefind

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wwwexpress.com.ph
wwwmsinc.net
wwwtc.hk
wwwwiw.org (4 W's before iw.org)
wwwlawyers.com.au
wwwcccl.com

•••
How did you find it? Any tools?
Mostly valuable are taken by domainers

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Never understood why people did this. Normal people are just going to assume you missed a dot after www, and you have to spend a lot of effort explaining how it's supposed to be written. "It's double-w, double-w, double-w no-dot! Power press dot com. Don't forget that there's no dot between the double-w, double-w, double-w and power press." and you have to do this every time you advertise it...I mean; come on.

If you own the raw domain, all you have to say is "power press dot com," and people will know exactly what you refer to. There will be no confusion regarding spelling, people will know that you're referring to a website, etc....it's effortless. And you're going to save millions of dollars in marketing by securing the right domain.

•••
Never understood why people did this. Normal people are just going to assume you missed a dot after www, and you have to spend a lot of effort explaining how it's supposed to be written. "It's double-w, double-w, double-w no-dot! Power press dot com. Don't forget that there's no dot between the double-w, double-w, double-w and power press." and you have to do this every time you advertise it...I mean; come on.

If you own the raw domain, all you have to say is "power press dot com," and people will know exactly what you refer to. There will be no confusion regarding spelling, people will know that you're referring to a website, etc....it's effortless. And you're going to save millions of dollars in marketing by securing the right domain.

120%. That happens a lot even with tlds other than .com (I remember my former project bcn.travel - where 30% of people were like - ''is it bcntravel.com, right?'') but www in front of name (as a part of name) is taking the cake among the dumbest ideas for domain names. No disrespect for OP through, maybe he has some other ideas on this...

•••

for SEO purposes

•••
for SEO purposes
How would it help with SEO? What possible reason could Google (or any other search engine) have to give these kind of domains a boost?

Not once in my entire life have I've even seen a domain whose SLD starts with www in the SERP.

•••
How would it help with SEO? What possible reason could Google (or any other search engine) have to give these kind of domains a boost?

Not once in my entire life have I've even seen a domain whose SLD starts with www in the SERP.
Hi, Just found this one on the search results. I think it makes some sense...
Screenshot_20231215_033239_Samsung Internet.jpg

•••
Hi, Just found this one on the search results. I think it makes some sense... Show attachment 250432
That's a fellow domain investor; given it's a squadhelp wlm marketplace. If it works for you; it works for you. i own a single www domain, simply because i like that name.

Last edited:
•••
That's a fellow domain investor; given it's a squadhelp wlm marketplace. If it works for you; it works for you. i own a single www domain, simply because i like that name.
Whats the name can't find it on your shop

•••
It was an old fashioned way of marketing a web address with www (world wide web) during the dot com boom and it became a common practice, even though www was just a sub domain. You may also noticed ww1, www1, ww2, www2, in some cases.

Later it went of fashion and tech world stopped using it. In order to make it backward compatible everyone started to setup server side redirects to not lose the traffic in case someone types manually in the browser or old links established in other websites (forums, comments, wiki, etc..)

•••
•••
Whats the name can't find it on your shop
I can suggest an available one word one for you if you're interested in grabbing one?

•••
I can suggest an available one word one for you if you're interested in grabbing one?
I am probably not interested because i like only words related to the WEB wwwsite, wwwdesign, wwwdomain etc.. all of them are taken since 2000s

•••
The Greek domain registry for .GR domains: www.gr :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back