Dynadot

Antivirus blocking Dynadot.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameWell

Established Member
Impact
My antivirus suddenly started blocking dynadot.com Does Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know what might have caused it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had to white list them to get it back. Wasn’t real happy with that. Not sure what is going on. Seems like pages never fully load either. They have something they need to fix. Probably costing them business

•••
Oh indeed. I haven't whitelisted them yet and I do not plan to whitelist them until I really have to (renewals or a transfer in case of a sale). Today I used NameCheap to register a domain name instead.... and unexpectedly got a better deal (coupon code: COUPONFCNC .com registration $7,36)

Recently they were going offline too often and they don't even bother to inform clients beforehand. And now my antivirus is blocking them. These two facts combined make them look less professional and less trustworthy, IMHO.

@Dynadot

•••
My antivirus suddenly started blocking dynadot.com Does Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know what might have caused it?
What antivirus blocks Dynadot?

•••
•••
•••
Interesting. I haven't used Dynadot in a long while as my account was suspended due to "a similar account doing fraudulent activities"...

•••
I'm sorry to hear of the firewall trouble, we did have a few other reports of customers having trouble accessing the site when using McAfee recently. Our engineering team has investigated and found that we shouldn't be triggering the firewall and have also advised that our website should be added to McAfee's whitelist to resolve the issue. These links may help with resolving the problem:

Manage your whitelist
https://download.mcafee.com/products/webhelp/4/1033/GUID-B4D9DBDF-A0E5-4302-9ACD-61AFA799B7A3.html

How to Unblock a McAfee-Blocked Site
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-unblock-a-mcafee-blocked-site

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back