Domain Empire

.us Another .us Question

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm in a .us kind of mood now. It's definitely growing on me.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I've come across a few I think are really good, if the .us is actually worth something. Does is make sense to register names that end up looking like a phrase ending in the word us? As an example, one that is already registered is computersfor.us. Of course, it reads like "computers for us."

Obviously the name would have to make sense and be relatively short. I've come up with a short list of available ones like that and wondered if it made sense to register them. A couple of them sounded really good - how can it be that I've thought of a few no one else has grabbed up yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally would not reg computerfor.us simply because it requires a person to think.. and well, internet surfers are not going to spend the time to think about a domain like that and then type it in.

•••
Originally posted by dpk87
I personally would not reg computerfor.us simply because it requires a person to think.. and well, internet surfers are not going to spend the time to think about a domain like that and then type it in.

Like I said, that one is already taken. But the theory of using .us as the word us, to end a short phrase. Any value there?

•••
i dont think so. it sounds sort of unprofessional and DOES need some thinking on the part of the websurfer.

•••
Go givem a try! If you 've found one word names it would be interesting... Just register two or three for the beginning (the best ones you found) and see how it goes.

•••
•••
Well, I'd say no because I read them as "computers for dot us" which makes little sense. Would you also register a name like foc.us?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back