IT.COM

.com Another Domain Sale With Number and Letters But...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello everybody!
I hope everybody is doing well with his/her domain business.

In the last 3 months I have had 4 domain sales. 1 is on Godaddy and 3 of them on Sedo.

The domains are 2x NLLL .com 2x LNNN .com.
The total sales price is 199+499+299+399

For two domains I received the payment but for two I never received the payment.

For one domain, Godaddy notified me of buyer being suspended for not being able to pay. For another domain, Sedo is still waiting for the payment from the buyer and on their website it shows that payment request has been created. This particular particular domain was sold on 11/28/16 and till today the buyer
hasn't been able to pay.

This has happened in the past as well and the sale price was $999. I wonder if this domain market place provider like Sedo and Godaddy can come up with some kind of strategy to discourage the buyers who intend not to pay later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The good: -- They are very quick to ban those people.
The Bad: -- They welcome their new accounts with open arms..

•••
That's just another glitch of those market places. Just hiping that they start making buyers to put their debit card or bank accout as a deposit security.

•••
They should require atp (ability to pay) verification before allowing bidding.

If not, the platform should pay the seller. Why? Because the integrity of their platform should matter.

Probably wont happen but it should. Registrars and Auction platforms that charge always try to claim neutrality when they are not neutral. They have a monetary stake too.

•••
They should require atp (ability to pay) verification before allowing bidding.

If not, the platform should pay the seller. Why? Because the integrity of their platform should matter.

Probably wont happen but it should. Registrars and Auction platforms that charge always try to claim neutrality when they are not neutral. They have a monetary stake too.

Would def be awesome, if the platform paid the seller but the problem is I see massive room for that to be exploited. Seller will just get friends to bid on their domains and not pay.....then the platform would essentially have to "buy" the domains....They would probably close down :)

•••
Would def be awesome, if the platform paid the seller but the problem is I see massive room for that to be exploited. Seller will just get friends to bid on their domains and not pay.....then the platform would essentially have to "buy" the domains....They would probably close down :)
Yep

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back