Dynadot

Another 3 Character Category Nears Extinction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
character-hyphen-character (char-char) names

There are 1,296 possible combinations of L-L, N-N, L-N, N-L domain names. All of the .coms are gone. A hand full of .nets w/o acronym value and .orgs are still avail., and the majority of the combos w/ any meaning are gone- although if you search, there are still some left. (Did manage to find k-o.us the other day).
Of the 5 major tlds and the .us cctld there are 7,776 possible domains. Of these, there are only about 1,500 that are still unregged.
A few months back, there were char-char.coms that could be hand-regged.

Because 2 char domains are not avail in .info, .biz and .us exts, the hyphenated form is the only alternative avail for domains w/ only 2 LL, NN, LN, or NL. Just thought I'd pass this info along.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rob said:
Maybe it has something to do with the Pimps in your avatar, grrilla?

:laugh:

Only superdealchris knows for sure.

OMG! The Av reads like pimps to you, Rob? Was that an immediate reaction, or the result of stretching for why "pimp" might have been used in describing me?

The graphic is actually the result of lifting a shot of the 3 Stooges, doing a dance routine, off of an old movie poster and then doctoring it.
Maybe chris would have been more accurate if he had said that Grrilla is a stooge or, perhaps, a chimney sweep. :lol:

Last edited:
•••
ah, first of all why would chris know? :)

Also, I've always interpreted the guys as stage dancers, never as pimps lol.

P.S. - look at the adsense ads, they say stuff like pimp daddy, pimp daddy gear etc :)

•••
i might try to snatch one of these and wait for the price to rise

•••
i might try to snatch one of these and wait for the price to rise
Good idea, as I see it. Let us know what you snag.
Also, I've always interpreted the guys as stage dancers, never as pimps lol.
TX cs. I think Rob was just looking for a connection. After he mentioned it, though, I could see the possibilities, a la N'oleans

•••
I think I am going to try to find some good ones.

•••
:lol:

When I see somebody in a top-hat these days I think 'pimp daddy'!

haha. All they need now is some colour. I recommend purple as the perfect pimp-daddy colour! ;)

•••
I like rap when I see it/hear it, and have some Spearhead CDs, but I'm an old rock'nroller and woefully ignorant of who's who in the hip-hop culture. Although I have heard the names and seen some performances on TV, I wouldn't know Pimpdaddy from Vanilla Ice so this is all over my head. hehe

•••

Pimp Daddy aint a person. Its just a saying. How about we put the confusion down to geography rather than age? Heh ;)

•••
Geography as in West Coast US vs Isle of Wight UK or the hood vs beach town?

•••

The Isle of Wight is quite the gangster hang out!

B-)

•••
Ditto, Grover Beach, where I now reside. Always having to dodge th seagull droppings! lol
Hey, could we get back on topic? Oh yeah...that's right, it's my thread that I have hijacked.

•••
Whooooaaaaaaa...let me jump in here... I used and always use the term "Pimp" as a total and complete compliment..although maybe it could be construed several ways...I really agree with the things grrilla said in his post and with me living down here in South Florida we have a cetain way of speaking, so to speak. lol
Whenever someone really seems to be at the top of their game it is only fitting to say they're a "Pimp" in the sense that they are getting all of what they can out of something...not unlike pimps in the classical sense of the word. ;)
Like me...I'm a PIMP...are you?

SDC- :kickass:

•••
I should build my portfolio of 4 letter .com's.

Would be nice to own... pimp.com :gn:

•••
Whooooaaaaaaa...let me jump in here... I used and always use the term "Pimp" as a total and complete compliment
Let's blame it all on Chris. :lol: See what you got started here dude. Glad you got back into the thread to clear up our confusion and speculation. You rabble-rouser you. Hope all is goin well for you today.
Chris B da bomb. or is that da balm or da bong? Never did get that one cleared up. :D

Last edited:
•••
It wouldnt surprise me if we got moved into the Break Room!

•••
Yeah I stir up what I can...some people just dont understand man! :)
BTW, I want some good 3 letter .coms! wwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why cant I have the good ones like eliqua and all those special people?!?!?!! Anyone want some of my really good names and in trade give me a 3 letter .com/net? pleeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Grrilla.....btw you're a PiMp! If I didnt say so b4.....

PS- I say we request a PIMP smiley with a little feather in his hat and a hot chick next to him...maybe with a big list of 3 letter domains all around him...see it works like this.... having good domains makes you cool. If not, you suck. lol

-SDC

•••
•••
It wouldnt surprise me if we got moved into the Break Room!
Man, we are on the same wave-length. You took the words right out of my fingers.
Either that, or we can let it die a nice quiet death, as it works it's way down the list, but it has been a kick while it lasted.

And as for you mr chris, never a doubt in my mind that you used da bong. You see, great minds think alike. Geography is also an issue. Here in Calif (at least in LA), you are going to get hassled more for walking down the street w/ a can of beer than you are w/ a twista and if they do wanna hassle you, you get a ticket w/ a fine that is lower than most traffic violations.
I must confess, however, that age has really toned me down. :'( :hehe: :wave:
I've got PotGuide.com which is on my dev stack of TTD.

Gotta blow this popsicle stand and get on the highway for a couple of hours. L8r gang.

Last edited:
•••
shhhhhmokin on sum sinse and reggin domains.....ahhh yeahh...got another one yesterday actually you might appreciate! "Iflingpoo.com" gets tons of type-ins daily! Hand regged after it dropped! muhahahaha no x-x.com/nets/us though :(
(back to topic after our rambling) I'm gonna sell those stupid stickers and shirts of the monkey that says "I fling poo!" lol

•••
today is a weird day... I feel like I'm gonna reg something special today...
lesbian.ph is avail...........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back