Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Anonymous???

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

charbar

Established Member
Impact
5
I have names registered with broker. Being a comparitive newbie, I didn't realise that all and sundry would have access to my name, address etc.
I know now that for an extra fee, I could have retained anonymity.

Is it too late to get my details hidden?

Thanks to all who reply.


charbar.

P.S. Excuse my ignorance, but what does LOL mean?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
charbar said:
I have names registered with broker. Being a comparitive newbie, I didn't realise that all and sundry would have access to my name, address etc.
I know now that for an extra fee, I could have retained anonymity.

Is it too late to get my details hidden?

Thanks to all who reply.


charbar.

P.S. Excuse my ignorance, but what does LOL mean?

Its never to late. If you regged your name with namecheap they have a promotion on giving you a free whois guard with every domain which basically means no one can view your address etc when doing a whois search.

LOL = Laughs out loud
ROFL = Rolling on floor laughing!

Joseph :)
 
0
•••
i wouldnt reccomend this, but false info could be used, or use a business address or work, or somewere, i dont really care about my address beign publicly available, it is on all my domains
 
0
•••
Joseph,

You're on line now. How can I converse with you now?

charbar.
 
0
•••
charbar said:
Joseph,

You're on line now. How can I converse with you now?

charbar.

I'll pm you right now :)
 
0
•••
LOL = laughing out mloud, but you'd understand it better, if everytime someone said "lol", you thought of it as "hahahah"..

Yes, WHOISing reveals all details. Purchasing WHOIS guard never seemed useful to me. Who cares if someone has my address? What, are they going to come and rape me? lol
 
0
•••
MHeys said:
Who cares if someone has my address? What, are they going to come and rape me? lol

Identity theft........
 
0
•••
they can steal my identity, lol, wouldnt it be funny if someone done identity theft, and then got put in prison as the person they were stealin the identity from was on the run, i know, stupid post......i dont see the point, i dont think anyone gonna come murder me
 
0
•••
To a certain extent, it is too late for "whois-guard" in any of its forms. Your current "whois" record will be viewable as part of the "whois history" on sites such as whois.sc even if you pony up the money to make your current entry private. If it is important to you, then you might be better served by getting a PO Box and an online phone # to use for Domain Registrations.
I would not suggest that you use fake contact information, as such an action could cause you to lose your domains. ( http://wdprs.internic.net/cgi/rpt.cgi )
-Allan
 
0
•••
Also ~ Don't bother doing Private Whois if you own any .US (Dot US) as this Feature will end Soon for this particular extension ~ Good Luck ~
 
0
•••
Do't think charbar has any .us anyways!

Charbar rocks! Bought me a pint of guiness. Charber = Legend!!!!
 
0
•••
If you buy or own enough DNs.The privacy feature is just not affordable for every name,But i would'nt buy it anyhow,My address and info is not really privaledged info.So i could really careless,But the thing iam not happy about,I get a million calls a day from solicitors,Now that hacks me off! :red: If your concerned about identity theft,Have your credit monitored,I do,And it sends me a message anytime something is added to my credit record,Therefore i can freeze it all at the click of a mouse.So whois to me is more like whocares..
 
0
•••
All my domains are listed in my name, including address.
In addition, all my domains are locked, meaning, noone but the one with the correct account name & password can perform any changes, transfers, etc.
In other words, my domains are safe while I am available for offers on my domains. It's "almost" the best of both worlds.
 
0
•••
some domainers use proxy registration for adult domain names....
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back