IT.COM

An Interesting Way To Increase The Price Of Your Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When Inbound links from all over the web are linking to your site, say "Altavista.com", then those links stay forever linking to that site. Basically if you had a good amount of backlinks to your site/domain, then it brings more value to your domain name.

Especially backlinks in the high numbers for a certain site, those backlinks stay, even for when you want to sell the site for a profit. Something I don't see very many people do when they sell a domain name is show how many backlinks it has.

I learned about all the internet marketing and stuff, but I started out here at NamePros.

I hope you enjoy the little tip I left you. You can easily use a backlink SEO expert to bring a Ton of more value to your domain names and websites.

Psssh... I do SEO for any websites or domain names you want to make more valuable.

:kickass:PM me Now or email me novusinvi(AT SIGN) gmail.com and I can help you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quality > Quantity.

And beware the cheap "SEO experts." Many of them just spam your link...

•••
I agree Quality backlinks are golden. But quantity is still a factor. Have you ever seen how many backlinks the sites have in tough niches? Up in the millions. Easily 2m backlinks, these companies that buy SEO services arn't buying 2 million quality backlinks, it would cost way too much. They use quantity in there SEO strategies.

I agree quality is very much stronger of a backlink though.:P

•••
as I know the games is changing now.
last time the quantity is help a lot.
but now it can be bad factor if the quantity is not followed by good quality

•••
•••
Not only has this thread no valuable new and useful information, but this thread is nothing more than advertisement for your "service".
It should be in the marketplace section and not in general domain name discussion.

•••
Not only has this thread no valuable new and useful information, but this thread is nothing more than advertisement for your "service".
It should be in the marketplace section and not in general domain name discussion.

Yes. I agree.
because I comment on this thread. the TS contact me via PM saying I am interested in the links ???

•••
I still come across services and articles on the web encouraging quantity backlink building, claiming that it is BS that Google penalise low quality backlinks. That is really poor advice.

I run a webshop (that has nothing to do with my domaining hobby) in a market with some really dodgy competitors. Last autumn I started seeing some funny backlinks to my site when using the Backlink Checker. They were spammy links from blogs and forums which I had not created, where the key words corresponded to the name of my competitor but the links were to my site. I thought it was strange but had not heard of Google Panda and Penguin at the time so I did nothing about it.

Then, around April this year, my webshop more or less disappeared from Google. It went from page one and two for the relevant key words to page twenty-something.

So I started googling the phenomenon and that was when I learned about Panda and Penguin and how now unscrupulous competitors actually have a tool to get rid of your site.

Google has responded to my query saying that my site is not banned but may have been affected by their algorithm updates. I do not even know how to start recovery, except perhaps write to those bloggers and ask them to remove the links, which requests people are apparently not happy to receive.

Naturally this has affected my English business since I get no natural traffic from Google anymore, only some smithereens from Bing and Yahoo and I have needed to increase my advertising costs, but still that does not cover the loss of organic traffic.

Luckily I also run this shop on a French website, which is linked to by Le Figaro. I think the site has a total of less than 10 backlinks, but that one link is so valuable that my French site tops Google for all relevant key words.

The point of this long story is just to demonstrate that quality trumps quantity any day of the week and that you cannot be too careful about each and every backlink to your site. These days one high-quality backlink is way more valuable than hundreds of mediocre links, which may actually come back to haunt you in the end.

•••
I still come across services and articles on the web encouraging quantity backlink building, claiming that it is BS that Google penalise low quality backlinks. That is really poor advice.

I run a webshop (that has nothing to do with my domaining hobby) in a market with some really dodgy competitors. Last autumn I started seeing some funny backlinks to my site when using the Backlink Checker. They were spammy links from blogs and forums which I had not created, where the key words corresponded to the name of my competitor but the links were to my site. I thought it was strange but had not heard of Google Panda and Penguin at the time so I did nothing about it.

Then, around April this year, my webshop more or less disappeared from Google. It went from page one and two for the relevant key words to page twenty-something.

So I started googling the phenomenon and that was when I learned about Panda and Penguin and how now unscrupulous competitors actually have a tool to get rid of your site.

Google has responded to my query saying that my site is not banned but may have been affected by their algorithm updates. I do not even know how to start recovery, except perhaps write to those bloggers and ask them to remove the links, which requests people are apparently not happy to receive.

Naturally this has affected my English business since I get no natural traffic from Google anymore, only some smithereens from Bing and Yahoo and I have needed to increase my advertising costs, but still that does not cover the loss of organic traffic.

Luckily I also run this shop on a French website, which is linked to by Le Figaro. I think the site has a total of less than 10 backlinks, but that one link is so valuable that my French site tops Google for all relevant key words.

The point of this long story is just to demonstrate that quality trumps quantity any day of the week and that you cannot be too careful about each and every backlink to your site. These days one high-quality backlink is way more valuable than hundreds of mediocre links, which may actually come back to haunt you in the end.

It's great gaining insight from people's experiences with SEO. I agree one high quality backlink is better than hundreds of mediocre links too. Quality is what makes the SEO world go around.

However, a website with a handful of quality backlinks isn't going to outrank a website that has been running an campaign of both quality and quantity.

A mentor of mine, actually explained to me the phenomenon you experienced with that sites spammy links, and you going off the top. If that ever happens again, you need to go even stronger into your SEO campaign.

Think about it if any spammer is able to take down any site, by spamming there links on the internet and taking there competition down,then Google would be very unfair. Because you can just in essence "snipe" your competition off Google.

Sadly enough, when you've been into SEO for a while you'll have a lot of people offer a server similar to what happened to that site you were talking about.

The only thing you can do is make your SEO campaign ever stronger, show Google that you have quality and mass. Keep doing this for months, and you will devour anyone who is trying to do these dirty tactics.

•••
show Google that you have quality and mass.

Thanks for your reply. The ting is, I'm not convinced mass is a good idea anymore, at least not unless you have some really high-quality links to compensate (obviously Wikipedia can handle backlinks from both good and bad sites).

Of the two sites I mentioned above, the English site has hundreds of backlinks and the French around ten. Still, the English site was completely obliterated by a few spammy links whereas the French site reigns supreme.

Having said that, many of the 'English' backlinks were from free directories, links that were completely acceptable to Google in 2010 but that I would avoid like the plague today. I've never paid for backlinks, spammed or used questionable link building techniques on my sites, which leads me to conclude that my problem was the spammy links, and that free directory links are useless as a defence to such spammy links, so in the end both these link categories should be avoided.

I'll grant you that mass is still helpful if that mass all over consists of high quality.

Moreover, the fact that Google introduces new algorithms ever more frequently is in itself an argument against quantity. Links that were good in 2010 (e.g. free directories) may suddenly work against you in 2012. So if hundreds of your links turn bad over night, you have a serious problem on your hands.:imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back