NameSilo

Am I going in the wrong way

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi all. For the first, I want you to excuse me about my writing. Because I am not an English native speaker.

I decide to make some money by selling domains. I made many searches, read many articles, and used many tools.

I bought more than 60 domain names. No one of them got sold. I think I lose all of my money that I invested it in them :(.
Is the problem my domain names? or it is the time, so I have to wait and be patient.

These are some of them, so I can understand what is happening:

ToRomance.com
ToNeed.com
sueco.net
UltraCharms.com
UltraSkinny.com
asides.net
dutydate.com
headhood.com

I also understand that all the instant appraisals tools are not helping too much.

I made a blog and offer all my domains on it, so it may help me selling them, but nothing happening.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi all. For the first, I want you to excuse me about my writing. Because I am not an English native speaker.

I decide to make some money by selling domains. I made many searches, read many articles, and used many tools.

I bought more than 60 domain names. No one of them got sold. I think I lose all of my money that I invested it in them :(.
Is the problem my domain names? or it is the time, so I have to wait and be patient.

These are some of them, so I can understand what is happening:

ToRomance.com
ToNeed.com
sueco.net
UltraCharms.com
UltraSkinny.com
asides.net
dutydate.com
headhood.com

I also understand that all the instant appraisals tools are not helping too much.

I made a blog and offer all my domains on it, so it may help me selling them, but nothing happening.

Thank you

Hey! Let me give you a simple tip: Try to register domains which target a business, I mean which can be used to develop into a full-fledged website. Rather than just registering random combination of words that are available in the .com version.

For example ForexWorld.com or LearnForex.com (they target the forex market) or say something like "ChairWorld" or "CarDealers" These mean something. They target a business!

And BTW the domains I mentioned are probably somebody else's.. And they sell for good prices. I just told you whatever that came to my mind.. And such domains wont be available now. You can try 3 word combinations like : BestCarDealers or LocalCarDealers.. You get the idea. I doubt you would get even those!

So just follow these simple rules as a "beginner":
1. Always Go for com/net/org and also you can try your country cctld's.
2. Always choose a domain that targets a business. (Remember the purpose of a domain is to establish a presence on the web. to build a business and profit! It's as simple as that!)
3. It should make sense!! While coming up with domain ideas think from a buyer's point of view. What would you do with it? Does it help my business? questions like those.
4. It should be short, simple and easy to remember.
5. Avoid hyphens and numbers.

I think this is enough. Try to follow this. You'll have your first sale in no time! :)

•••
Thank you, I read about some of your points, put you gave them to arranged and as steps... I appreciate your time writing these tips. :)

•••
It's quite easy. The domains that you registered are meaningless. You cannot just stick two random keywords together and produce a great combo. These domains don't have a clear purpose, an obvious commercial use. They are not brandable either. So nobody needs them. If you have good names, end users will come to you. Now you need to know which kinds of domains are in demand and where to get them.

If you find a "great" domain that is available, think hard how come it's still available and why you think you are going to sell it for big bucks when nobody would pick it for $10. Not talking about domains that just dropped, but those that may have never been registered before.

•••
These domains don't have a clear purpose, an obvious commercial use

I got it..

If you find a "great" domain that is available, think hard how come it's still available

fact ..

You just like you woke me up. thank you for your useful words

•••
Hi all.

:talk:

Hi

so looks like somebody made some money:

the registrar.... for those 60 domains you bought

and maybe those articles and tools, you used to find the names you can't sell.

let that, be your first real learning experience, in this circus we call domaining.

keep reading!

imo....

•••
•••
biggie, johname

thank you for feedback,

This selling one day for coin wouldn't surprise me at all.
I could not understand it, I even used google trans and didn't get it. would you or somebody rewrite it in different way, please! thank you

•••
Sorry. I meant it wouldn't surprise me if the name sold for a very nice profit some day.

•••
Some good advice already. I would also say to avoid relying too much on Google keyword search numbers - it seems all new domainers rely too heavily on that one factor.

For example. if you want to register greattreats.com, simply search Google for "great treats" (and don't forget to use the quotes on each end). This should be your first stop. Is anyone at all using the term "great treats" for anything resembling a business? If it's not a common term, forget it for now. If you are starting fresh, try to find a term that at least 2 or 3 established businesses are using as a name already. They are your buyers. The best way to sell is just to list them at Godaddy, Sedo and elsewhere and wait for a bite. This may take a couple years though. or it may sell in a couple months. Or it may never sell. You play the odds by choosing good names.

If you need fast cash flow, you can email the buyers. But recently domain spam has gotten bad. Especially with your limited English skills, and your limited knowledge of what makes a good domain name, your mails are likely to end up in the trash. With so much rubbish being offered now, it's harder to sell even great domains by direct email.

•••
Sorry. I meant it wouldn't surprise me if the name sold for a very nice profit some day.

I got it. but why it wouldn't surprise you?
because of the crazy that is happening in this industry? or because it is a good one?

I think this domain may used for "losing wight purpose". unless I mis-translated it?
thanks johname

-----

mr. Domainace thanks for advice..

I think some domains depends on search volume, and some depends on the idea in describing a specific business.

•••
UltraCharms.com
Could be used as a gift store online perhaps? I didn't think this one was too shabby.

•••
UltraCharms.com
Could be used as a gift store online perhaps? I didn't think this one was too shabby.

thanks for feedback
would used as Jewelries store!:-/

•••
Use NameBio to find similar domains sales :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back