IT.COM

domain alternative.io

NameSilo
Watch

Ava111

Impact
I'd like to sell this domain, I listed it on Sedo a while ago and got no offers (no asking price, auction only).

I would appreciate appraisals and tips on where to sell, is it worth listing on Flippa? I see pretty low prices on domain sells there, and I'd think this domain would have some value.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm pretty sure you would get a bid here, but you'd be lowballed with some 3 figure offers (at best). You've got a 4 figure domain, with the right end user. List on Flippa if you want to. In the meantime, research start-ups, internet businesses and so on that are into "alternative" as a brand

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Thank you very much for replying. I feel like you know what you're talking about, so I'll list on Flippa as per your suggestion. I did get a one or two bids in that range last time I submitted here, so you're correct.

Are you fairly confident of the 4-figure range? Is that low-mid-high? How long would it take to find a buyer, depending on the range I guess?

Again, thank you for your reply.

•••
Thanks for the advice on researching businesses, it somehow hadn't occurred to me.

•••
List on Namepros or DNWE.com under $1K and it should sell within days.

List on Dan.com, Afternic and Sedo with a Buy Now price under $5K and maybe it’ll sell within a year, but no guarantees.

For the right end user, it could even be a five figure name, but be prepared to wait years and forget about it. Set a Buy Now price wherever you decide to list it, it’ll at least anchor the expectations so maybe you avoid getting lowballed with $100 offers.

•••
Thank you very much for replying. I feel like you know what you're talking about, so I'll list on Flippa as per your suggestion. I did get a one or two bids in that range last time I submitted here, so you're correct.

Are you fairly confident of the 4-figure range? Is that low-mid-high? How long would it take to find a buyer, depending on the range I guess?

Again, thank you for your reply.

On the provisory it was the right end user, low / mid thousands ...if you are prepared to wait. I would suggest sticking it up as offers accepted regardless, and see what comes your way. If you got a genuine $600 - $700 offer, maybe you'd be happy ...what you want is all that matters, at the end of the day, and your circumstance (if it was me, I'd wait)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
List on Namepros or DNWE.com under $1K and it should sell within days.

List on Dan.com, Afternic and Sedo with a Buy Now price under $5K and maybe it’ll sell within a year, but no guarantees.

For the right end user, it could even be a five figure name, but be prepared to wait years and forget about it. Set a Buy Now price wherever you decide to list it, it’ll at least anchor the expectations so maybe you avoid getting lowballed with $100 offers.

Thanks, very helpful.

•••
Worth to hold till 5 figure offer.

•••
If you can hold, most probably 4 to 5 figure offer is quite possible from the right buyer. This is a great single word domain in top extension, with potential uses cases. Beside listing on domain sales platforms, maybe you can try outbound email. I would start searching "Alternative" or "Alternative to" and see what comes up. second term has an exact site and maybe you can bug them. (No I don't have any tie up or affiliation with them).

•••
Back