Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Alter.com Marketplace

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Deven Patel

Founder, Alter.comEstablished Member
Impact
1,076
Hi all,

I wanted to introduce a new premium domain marketplace we just launched called Alter. I would love to hear your thoughts! As the world’s largest community of domainers, your feedback would be invaluable.

Let me introduce myself. Although I’m new to NamePros, I’ve been around the block. I’ve been buying and selling domains for my own startup ideas for over 20 years. As a serial entrepreneur, I founded a number of startups across various industries like marketing, web hosting, social networking, blogging, and SaaS. This experience has helped me understand how indispensable a brand name is to a business.

Most new entrepreneurs don’t think twice about their company name. Our goal is to change that! A brand name literally has the power to make or break their business. This is more true today than ever before now that there are countless alternatives to every product or service imaginable. Sure, every business may have their own world-changing differentiator but from the outside they all look the same at which point the main differentiator ends up becoming their brand name. In a world full of distractions, we no longer have the attention span to thoroughly research what we buy so we rely on our emotions. This is why large businesses like Apple and Amazon spend billions on their “brand” alone because they understand that customer perception is everything.

Anyway, I noticed that most marketplaces that exist today are focused more on the seller rather than the buyer. Our goal is to reverse the equation and prioritize buyers because I think they are the key to success in any industry. The domain industry is no exception. Without buyers, there’s no money. This is why we’ve made it our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed!

And what’s with the 30-35% commission rate most of these marketplaces are charging? Unless they’re doing more work than a human broker, I don’t think anything over the industry average of 15-20% is warranted. We’re changing that. Alter has one of the lowest rates in the industry, an all-inclusive 10% commission fee when a name sells. There are no other fees or restrictions.

What do you think? Are we on the right track or barking up the wrong tree?

Deven
This was a promoted post.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
40
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I saw red flags when I started seeing sales around $100 and below for someone who wants to buy alter. It was confusing and still is. Next red flag, agreed on a date to release a statement on the acquisition, yet nothing. With what we've seen so far, what are we supposed to expect if F.E eventually takes over? Not a good sign.
 
Last edited:
24
•••
“Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast.”
 
3
•••
So this is the world we are living in: you people are giving credits to @Deven Patel when he started public accusations, without any single proof posted. And why did he? Because HIS own customers are complaining about the way HE is managing HIS business before the deal is closed.
Amazing behavior from all of you
 
0
•••
We all know now that @F.E. is fake !

I wish you a happy holiday, but lying is a big mistake, so don't manipulate anyone's feelings
 
20
•••
I am seeing more red flags than a Chinese communist parade.

Should I delist all my domains from Alter now?
 
15
•••
Wow, unexpected.
Let me know how to delete my account from this sick "community" 🤮
 
0
•••
Wow, unexpected.
Let me know how to delete my account from this sick "community" 🤮
You only became extremely active during the last few days, defending your friend. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
 
12
•••
4
•••
You only became extremely active during the last few days, defending your friend. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Not at all.
Now I understand why I wasn't active here.
👋🏻
 
0
•••
1
•••
What a drama! Pathetic response from @F.E.
@Deven should really pursue a legal action against him.
 
21
•••
Doesn't need to, I'm sending "invitations" by the end of this week.
 
0
•••
Sorry , have not been following the development, Alter.com is one of my best selling platform for solidmetal.com , Insuran.com , ... very unfortunate incidents
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Please buy alter for less than that half amount.

----------------------

@F.E. said on Twitter after changing his profile picture

The biggest lie: I am a crypto millionaire. Let's make @theWhaleAlert on fire.

Most mentioned non-profit organization that accepts bitcoin as a donation will receive 42.69 BTC. The second most chosen will receive the same amount in ETH.

May 26th. Month after g-father's funeral
 
0
•••
This drama does no one any good.
I sincerely hope emotions will take a step back and things will move forward.
The Alter marketplace offers some features none of the competitors have, and as a fresh build worked smoothly.
I hope it will continue.
Bob
 
Last edited:
11
•••
The one who is less responsive this week !!!! @F.E. write on Twitter

( I know very well that he is happy to talk about him and mention his name even if in a negative way, like completely fake)

-------


I've made a decision: alter.com will be a porn site once we're done in court.

Money is in porn industry, and all I need is money (as you may see here).
 
4
•••
You seem to be non-native English, considering you don't understand the difference between weekEND and week :)

This embedded content is currently unavailable. View original

I don't blame you though, I'm non-native as well and using Grammarly.

EDIT: I just talked about myself for 1000x time, lol
 
Last edited:
0
•••
You seem to be non-native English, considering you don't understand the difference between weekEND and week :)

This embedded content is currently unavailable. View original

I don't blame you though, I'm non-native as well and using Grammarly.

EDIT: I just talked about myself for 1000x time, lol

I hope you live in peace
 
0
•••
Is there any news on the future of Alter?
 
0
•••
Is there any news on the future of Alter?
I don't know of anything formal that has been released.

My understanding is that the time period in the sales agreement has now past.

The marketplace continues to operate, I presume by original owner, with lease-to-own options disabled for all domain names. They are not accepting new sellers or new names by existing sellers at this time. Existing listings can still be edited, basic logos updated, descriptions and prices changed, etc. Domain names can be deleted from the site, although once you delete a name you will not be able to add it again.

I really hope something positive develops soon so the marketplace will continue to operate.

Bob
 
Last edited:
1
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back