NameSilo

discuss All Numeric Domains General Discussion & Sales thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think 2016 numeric domains will continue to signically increase in value & demand?

• 27 votes
  • Ended 7 years ago
  • Final results

BrandingModel.com

BrandModel.comTop Member
Impact
This thread is created for discussions about Numeric Domains in all domain extensions with future trends, opinions and current sales.

Very often members here on NamePros buy, sell and discuss future numeric trends and we have made great ROI especially with 6N when plenty were available for hand reg 7-9months ago. A few of us discuss trends before they happen with specific gltd or ngltd, now its time to open it up as 2016 may be a huge year for numeric sales.

What do you think is the next numeric trend? Who do you follow with proven sales and where have you found success... with any domain extension!

Below is a post from George Hong on Facebook, Ceo & President of Guta.com https://www.facebook.com/domaintrader?fref=ts

I wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

For my domainer friends, I hope 2016 is your best ever year in domaining!

In the 2016 state of the industry article in DNjournal I predicted:
“Short and premium .com domains will continue to rise in value. The demand for good domains from the Chinese market will reach a historic high.”

Here is another reason why I think new Chinese Investors and Capital will be drawn to domain markets:
Chinese new year is the time that Chinese family members and friends gather together to share what have happened in their lives during the past year, talk about their plans for the coming year.
Most of Chinese domain investors made money in 2015, while the majority of Chinese stock investors lost money in 2015. Many stock investors probably heard about domain investing from newspaper and TV channels and eager to find out more about domain investment from their trusted friends. You can imagine the content of conversations between domain investors and stock investors.

1. This week could be a good week to buy, as most Chinese buyers are taking new year break, There would be less competitions.
2. Don’t be too innovative and don’t try to Outsmart Chinese buyers. If you find out certain investment opportunities that Chinese buyers have not discovered yet. Invest cautiously, Chances are Chinese buyers will probably never find out or care about those opportunities. Try to buy domain names that are wanted by a lot of buyers instead.
3. If you are not sure what to invest, please check out the categories of names that we are brokering: http://guta.com/en/sell/ . All domains I purchased in the last 30 day, except for one, fall into one of the categories.

Words of caution:
Unexpected things, such as the magnitude-6.4 earthquake in taiwan a few days ago, do happen. Certain political and/or economic event(s) could have significant negative impacts on domain market. If you are “gambling” on domain names, please “gamble” with the money that you can afford to lose.

Numerics2.jpg

Thanks for your time and participating by helping each other maybe ride the next new wave for Numerics...

Jason NZL

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's a list of some recent numeric .COM sales...

6N.com
6Ncom.JPG
6Ncom1.JPG

6Ncom2.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .COM sales...

7N.com
7Ncom.JPG
7Ncom1.JPG

7Ncom2.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .NET sales...

5N.net
5Nnet.JPG
5Net3.JPG

5Net4.JPG

6N.net
6Net.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .ORG sales...

4N.org
4Norg.JPG
4NOrg1.JPG

4NOrg2.JPG

5N.org
5Norg.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .INFO sales...

3N.info
3Ninfo.JPG

4N.info
4Ninfo.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent .numeric .TV sales...

3N.tv
3Ntv.JPG

4N.tv
4Ntv1.JPG
4Ntv1.JPG

5N.tv
5Ntv.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .IO sales...

3N.io
3Nio.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .XYZ sales...

3N.xyz
3Nxyz.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .TOP sales...

3N.top
3Ntop.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .CLUB sales...

3N.club
3Nclub.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent .numeric .CO sales...

3N.co
3Nco.JPG

4N.co
4Nco.JPG
4Nco1.JPG

5N.co
5Nco.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent .numeric .CC sales...

4N.cc
4Ncc.JPG
4Ncc1.JPG

4Ncc2.JPG

5N.cc
5Ncc.JPG
5Ncc1.JPG

6N.cc
6Ncc.JPG
6Ncc1.JPG

•••
Here's a list of some recent numeric .BIZ sales...

3N.biz
3N.biz.JPG

4N.biz
4N.biz.JPG

•••
As of right now, I think the best ROI you can get is 6n.com (sold out) 7n.com's only 5K left with "888" to hand reg, will be sold out soon. Both IMO will be a 10x ROI within the next 6 months. Great time to buy while the Chinese are on holiday as well.

Good luck everybody!

•••
Namebio sales data should be taken with a grain of salt imho.

•••
Namebio sales data should be taken with a grain of salt imho.
The good thing about NameBio is that if you look at multiple sales across different extensions you will notice domains starting or ending with 888 or numerics with repeated patterns have more value. This is very useful information to newbie domainers and even experienced domainers will use it. Shane Cultra mentioned this to MS on the recent Domain Sherpa show.

It will help to give end users ideas as to which market places are performing with different extensions or if it is domainers speculationing on value for the drops... Pheenix, Snapnames, Dropcatch or NameJet? IMO

If used correctly it can be useful, but also you are right take it by a grain of salt...

Last edited:
•••
So how does this value translate into cctlds? I have, for example, 88.al and 0888.ch, what would be an "msrp" on that? )

•••
So how does this value translate into cctlds? I have, for example, 88.al and 0888.ch, what would be an "msrp" on that? )
The data shows there hasn't been any numeric demand for numeric .al & only 1 x 4N.ch back in 2010...

CH.JPG

IMO there is numeric potential with reasonable current prices by viewing current sales data trends...

6N,7N.com
5N,6N.net
4N,5N.cc
4N.org
4N.co
4N,5N.xyz
4N.tv
3N,4N.info
4N.club

Everyone has different investment strategies...

IMO it will be safer to purchase with 6N/7N.com without 0,4 for future liquid sales... 6N,7N.com with 0,4 patterns if you know what you are doing...

I purchased 4 x 6N.net domains domains yesterday/ today under @ $50 each that I see will have move value in a few years 5-10x. Current floor value is around $100.00 for decent patterns. I am not encouraging 6N.net purchases this is just an example of one of my numeric purchases... Patten's are better and worth more at begging and end of the domain.

I don't mind sharing my purchase as most 6N.net we hand regs 6months ago. 2-3yrs IMO value of 6N.net will be +$300 as I flipped some 5N.net for $10-15% of 5N.com value a few months ago.

Recent deal purchases...
898879.net (89 88 79)
788979.net (78 89 79)
789887.net (78 98 87)
768868.net (76 88 68)

Domaining is a hobby for me so I am never in any hurry to sell. I just like to share where I believe there is potential as there is so many numeric opportunities... IMO

•••
66.al sold for 250$ at sedo. That was probably the only one ever posted on public auction site.

•••
66.al sold for 250$ at sedo. That was probably the only one ever posted on public auction site.
Domaining is about taking calculated risks. IMO the sales data with frequent numeric extension sales is always helpful 1st .com then .net @ 10-15% of .com value...

I registered 888888.mx for 2yrs that was on the drop and never sold its just like .al and .ch hardly any sales and maybe a waste of money but sometimes somebody wants it and may have a better idea of selling it if there is money left on the table to on sell it?...

IMO most numerics above 4N are traded among domainers with very little end user interest and I don't blame them... They can treated like shares/stocks???

Sometimes pricing needs to be realistic...

Example:
Buy @ $40.00 you might get $80 - $500?
Buy @ $40.00 sell @ $2k+ it will gather dust unless you have a great network or action process to sell it.

NP auctions has great turnover sales because most are sold at wholesale and can be flipped on other market places for much higher ROI if priced right :)

•••
I believe the .com's will stay strong, the other extensions will be interesting?

•••
39392.com just sold for $5250!
Maybe give some hope for my:

39390.co
:xf.wink:

Repeating number combos may be a bonus added pattern to raise value I'm hoping

•••
I registered 88888.es 6-8 months ago for $9. Sold for $200 On Sedo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back