Domain Empire

Aim High, Domain Monkeys, Get Yer Name and SnapNames: Stone Age Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I currently have a domain registrar holding one of my SnapNames-acquired domains hostage because the domain is registered to a former employee whose email I have control over (and is forwarding to my own email), but they're confused. Even though all billing went through me personally.

The parent company is called Aim High! out of Golden, Colorado, but they are online as multiple companies including Domain Monkeys and Get Yer Name.

PLEASE AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

Here's why.

They have a horrible log in system that only minimally alerts you if you're not properly logged in. It takes you to the right page as if you were logged in and only says in small lowercase black letters in one spot that you're not logged in. BUT you CAN change information there like domain locking and "send authorization code: and hit update and it will go to a page that says "Your information is updating." But you'll never receive an update!! Is insane. Took months for me to figure out what was wrong.

In small print next to the only login on the page it says "enter domain name" but then it also asked for your email and password ALL ON ONLY ONE BLANK! The have plenty of blanks on other pages, but this key page is almost designed to confuse.

Pair that confusion (very counter intuitive, sure most people enter the domain name only) with the fact that they only alert you ONE DAY before your domain is due, and if you say you're going to transfer the domain after renewing they say you will lose the ENTIRE period paid for if you transfer within 50 days (just enough days for someone to forget to transfer). Isn't that illegal for them to do? They can't stop you from moving it for 50 days just because you renewed it, can they? Is a cluster #*!@ designed to bring in more $ for them year after year.

Yeah, some of this is on me, but their systems are SO OLD and non-standard that they're almost designed to fail.

And I recently tried to update the registrant information but because they got confused (I replied from a Google address that the employee's Google address forwards to) they locked the domain from any information changes and made it private so my registrar can't send the domain information I need to. Aim High thinks I've somehow compromised that email account, but I'm the one who pays year after year! Now they want the contact info and license photocopy of my former employee, who I don't really care to go find to please them. Usually most domains, I've been able to update or change their information online but on these guys are such a pain. Their domain pages are practically stone age!

If you can, do not use them, and do not use their T1 service. This organization is not professional grade. Based on their attempt to essentially steal from me and deny me my domain, I would never use them again.

As far as I'm concerned, PLEASE AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!! I've already begun lodging a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Greater Denver and posting about them.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm trying to get my name to be transfer out , but they are simply are not unlocking it.

AVOID THEM !!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back