Domain Empire

Aged City+Airport.com domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Has anyone found legal trouble with owning these? I own one and was wondering if I should abstain from approaching the regional gov in charge of the airport. Of course there is no exact match trademark but they have long tail TM's of the name i.e (REGION+CITY+AIRPORT) and (AIRPORTCODE+ CITY+AIRPORT). They currently use the longtail TM (Region+City+Airport) for a 22L.com domain as their main webpage. This isn't a tiny airport...it's an international airport that gets 25k+ monthly searches.

I'm leaning towards parking it and seeing if they come around because their current domain is a real bother for a non English speaker to spell or even remember.

Anyways I'd love to get some insight on this before I can proceed or....if its too much of a risk, refrain from doing so.

Regards,

Slader

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting one indeed.

I'm wondering if they have any legal claim to the domain at all... also, seeing as it's a city, which means government money, which means not their own money...IMO they might be more willing to part with the money (to buy ur domain) than if they were a private company/person... I dont think they would have any legal claim to the domain but obviously, I'm no lawyer.. if you can get confirmation that legally they can't touch you then I think wouldn't be a bad idea to contact them...OR find out who the right person to speak to is...then pick up the phone and call the person and test the water with them to see how open they are to acquiring the domain...

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back