IT.COM

Afternic versus Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

navpros

Geaux Tigahs!Account Closed
Impact
Hi Folks,

Once again I have found myself trying to decide what it is I like and dislike about Afternic and Sedo. To date I believe I personally prefer themodel at Sedo over the auction style of Afternic. Not-to-mention I have often wondered how many of the sales at Afternic are actually confirmed sales. At least with the Sedo method I know that the names in the "Sold" column does not appear until everything has made its way through escrow.

What are your opinions of the two services and why is it that you may or may not prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance. Just curious. I guess I am more-or-less trying to figure out which service has provided you with the best returns on your investments when it comes to domain sales and PPC.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
afternic

I'm one of the very few...but Afternic sales for me are booming, as well as PPC...No luck with SEDO....at Afternic its not unusual for me to see 200+ who have viewed one of my domains...Like I said..I am one of the very few...I do about 1 sale every 2 weeks...roughly in the mid xxx to low x,xxx range.

•••
I just recently posted in another thread that I think Sedo looks a lot more professional. Maybe it depends what kind of names you are selling. If I am looking for corporate clients, I'd much rather point them to Sedo.

For the record I've got a sale at Sedo in progress for $xxx.

...I'm much happier too now that they've halved their commission.

•••
Originally posted by cybernym
I just recently posted in another thread that I think Sedo looks a lot more professional. Maybe it depends what kind of names you are selling. If I am looking for corporate clients, I'd much rather point them to Sedo.

For the record I've got a sale at Sedo in progress for $xxx.

...I'm much happier too now that they've halved their commission.

Yea, sedo does look alot more professional than afternic

•••
Re: afternic

Originally posted by FMS
I'm one of the very few...but Afternic sales for me are booming, as well as PPC...No luck with SEDO....at Afternic its not unusual for me to see 200+ who have viewed one of my domains...Like I said..I am one of the very few...I do about 1 sale every 2 weeks...roughly in the mid xxx to low x,xxx range.

Wow! Keep up the great work. Glad to see that someone is having some success at either. Take care and thanks for the feedback guys/girls.

•••
•••
Afternic is improving its appearance one step at a time. Just take a look at waybackmachine.org about a year ago and see how much it has improved since then. We try to set aside time each week to work on enhancing the appearance of certain pages of the site. In the coming months you will see Afternic continue to look better and become more convenient to use.

The names in the Sold column do appear instantly when a name is sold on our site. Since we charge a $1 buyer membership fee for authentication purposes, most of the offers are serious and most of the escrow transactions close properly.

•••
For me both afternic and Sedo sounds Expensive. Afternic with 60$ fee and Sedo with 50$ dollar fee per sale.
I hope the advantage both sites have is name!!!
Both are same to me :)

Junkie.

•••
Both are same to me

Actually There is a wee bit difference. Afternic charges you to post your domain on their site whereas sedo has it free. I appreciate the fact that Afternic has put this system in place to chuck out a small bit of fraud.

But a difference is a difference.

•••
Originally posted by pulsetoday Afternic charges you to post your domain on their site whereas sedo has it free.

This is true for the afternic Bazaar, which is geared more towards wholesale-level sales. Note that the bazaar does not charge a sales fee.

However, for the normal non-bazaar listings, there is no charge to list domains for sale.

- Apollo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back