information Afternic to expedite payments

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Afternic is speeding up the payout process. In what is a breath of fresh news for domain sellers, Afternic will now be paying faster. James Iles wrote a post on Afternic’s blog explaining the changes: Read the full post on Afternic.com including a helpful chart which shows which transactions will not be affected by this […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to the 21st century ...

•••
i’ll believe it when i see it.

•••
My payment came in on time.

•••
Yes, but what they haven't explained is that the payouts may be slower for Dan.com customers.

Last edited:
•••
Nope no change. This was even a fast-transfer domain.

1690693294423.png

1690693390093.png

Sold others on Sedo and Dan and received payment within 1-2 days after transfer was completed.

•••
ah ok so afternic got update after 80 centuries and they took resources from dan who now payout lto payments once per century
... keep it up boys we having a good laugh here.

•••
Sold my domain on 27th july, funds released on 28th via wire transfer, received in my bank account on 28th july evening. I think they implemented it well!

Last edited:
•••
Nope no change. This was even a fast-transfer domain.
Why "even"? This change does not apply to the fast transfer sales: https://blog.afternic.com/expedited-payout/
Fast transfer sales have always been slower to receive payout, because fast transfer often means the domain was sold and the payment was received by a completely different company (and their inner processes may be slow as well), so GD has to wait for a while before the money arrives their way.

•••
Why "even"? This change does not apply to the fast transfer sales: https://blog.afternic.com/expedited-payout/
Fast transfer sales have always been slower to receive payout, because fast transfer often means the domain was sold and the payment was received by a completely different company (and their inner processes may be slow as well), so GD has to wait for a while before the money arrives their way.
Thanks for clarifying, just seemed intuitive that a fast transfer would mean a fast payout as well. Guess not

•••
It is likely the time of a payout is dependent on the payment methods used by the buyer.

Some things you just can't escape and liabilities for a reversing payment can be costly.

Some platforms are better equipped to verify and lock those funds depending on what state they operate from as the rules can vary state to state.

I only want a set of parameters to govern it and for them to be followed.
So, if it is a week or a month, that is what it is. I get what I expect.

You can not expect the platforms to guarantee funds that may be a product of identity theft do you?
Verification's take some amount of time to wait for clear funds.

In any case, competition with this may help make it better for everyone.

•••
•••
Just wanted to let community know my fast transfer was done over weekend and the wire has reached my account today (Tuesday) midday. They are super fast now also for fast transfers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back