Dynadot

Afternic parking

NameSilo
Watch

navpros

Geaux Tigahs!Account Closed
Impact
Wondering if someone would mind explaining afternic's parking system to me carefully. I am a bit confused as to how to read traffic stats. I want to be certain that I am giving everyone correct results when I list domains with traffic. Example: (Copied directly from this domain which I have parked at afternic.)

dropkit.com
Traffic: About 240 unique visitors per month.
(Those are the results listed directly beneath the name.)

But......I also see this futher below:
Visitors to listing: 3 unique visitors in last 30 days.

Correct me if I am wrong but 240 unique visitors and 3 unique visitors are not even close. I am certain there is moderate type in traffic due to people looking for "truck suspension" etc but how can one truly be certain his stats are accurate?

Any suggestions? Perhaps afternic isn't the best place to park domains?

Thanks in advance.

DD

(I copied the whole listing for review.)

Listing ID: 853372
Note spelling: DROPKIT.COM / dropkit.com
Seller: dandydomain
Description:
Minimum offer: 100.00
Reserve met: No
Asking price: 1,000.00
Category: Internet / Domain
Traffic: About 240 unique visitors per month
Notice about traffic stats

Previous Offers:
None

Edit this listing | Upgrade this listing | Order appraisal | Traffic Details
Keywords: Drop Kit
Visitors to listing: 3 unique visitors in last 30 days
Parking: Parked, verified
Upgrade: None

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The traffic stats are based on the last 30 days from the current day, not the last month. If your name has not been parked for a full 30 days yet, the traffic figures are projected based on the existing traffic you have been receiving and the amount of days you have been receiving it for. The "visitors to listing" is different than the visitors to the parking page.

If this name had been parked for a full 30 days, the numbers would mean that 240 unique visiotrs had visited www.dropkit.com and only 3 had checked out the Afternic listing page for DropKit.com. Afternic would also count clicks and report any ppc revenue you earned at the beginning of the next month.

•••
Originally posted by billinchina
The traffic stats are based on the last 30 days from the current day, not the last month. If your name has not been parked for a full 30 days yet, the traffic figures are projected based on the existing traffic you have been receiving and the amount of days you have been receiving it for. The "visitors to listing" is different than the visitors to the parking page.

If this name had been parked for a full 30 days, the numbers would mean that 240 unique visiotrs had visited www.dropkit.com and only 3 had checked out the Afternic listing page for DropKit.com. Afternic would also count clicks and report any ppc revenue you earned at the beginning of the next month.

Excellent! Thanks so much for that wnderful explanation. I was very confused, as I have several names that show big difference in "unique visitors" and clicks. I've had this particular name parked at afetrnic for about 5 days or so now. Thanks again!

DD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back