Dynadot

discuss .AE Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

slapman

Account Closed
Impact
anyone get in on a .ae?
It might be something to look into.. its only 30 bucks, plus the .ae region includes dubai....... just a thought.

3 of my apps are pending at instra.com.. not sure wassup with that

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
pending? I thought .ae is live already?
Does .ae need local presence?

•••
.ae Domains

You can use www.aeda.ae

Official .ae Domain Administration website

to find a better provider

•••
.ae domains..worth it?

I reg'd 2 .ae domains this week, and there are 2 or 3 more I've got my eye on..but I don't know if it's really worth it. I haven't been able to find much info and even fewer actual sales. Is there really an interest from endusers in this extension?

•••
Ewwww, .ae

No, I wouldn't say it's worth much, it sounds horrible. And chances are they'd can your domain if it had anything that went against Etisalat's filters on it anyway..

•••
The extension is popular in the UAE but I don't know of any reported sales.
Check the rules on ownership transfers.
Some extensions do not even allow transfers to another registrant, or levy expensive fees for doing so.

•••
I regged a .ae a few weeks ago. It has made $2.78 in 3 days parked.

Very Happy with it!

•••
I ended up with 1 of my .ae domains. The other two 'were' available that I had in pending. Now they say 'reserved by aeda' LoL. They were top keywords. oh well :) Guess they wanted them more than me. Ill keep my 1 for a couple years to see how it does. Not a bad price for an exotic in a region that is getting more popular by the second

•••
where to register .ae names?

•••
^ yeah I second that, can someone please shed some light on .ae registrars and the procedure associated with it?

•••
•••
xXDanteXx said:
^ yeah I second that, can someone please shed some light on .ae registrars and the procedure associated with it?

instra.com is the 'easiest'
I think its the only one where you dont have to fax them info...??
BEWARE, however, their availabilty search is awful..
I saw many TOP keywords available, only to find out that afterwards, AEDA took them, or they were already registered. They wanted to give me 'credit'. I had to complain to get my money back. If you see a domain you want, please look at the whois on domain tools and see if its regged already!
I took a stab at 1 .ae domain. well see.

•••
•••
Hi,

Just noticed the thread. I have also used INSTRA you have to wait a bit before you can register comppletely BUT other than that it is pretty straightforward.

Demand seems to be high in Dubai and the UAE at the moment. lots of big companies out there are using them. But I dont think they have grabbed all the key 1 word generics as yet. Some companies like National Bank of Dubai own loans.ae and creditcards.ae , AMLAK a big financial house own mortgage.ae

I recently (2 months ago) picked up claims.ae, staff.ae, savings.ae and employers.ae through INSTRA.. I will keep them for a bit I think prices will move greatly with this.

I asked SEDO about sales they say tv.ae sold for $8000 cruises.ae for 3000 eu and Booking.ae for about $1500.

If anyone wants to find out more about this market or is interested in any of my names them PM me ..I did a fair amount of research into this CTLD..

Regards

•••
recruiter.ae is for sale if anyone is interested

•••
•••
seeplain said:
Hi,

Just noticed the thread. I have also used INSTRA you have to wait a bit before you can register comppletely BUT other than that it is pretty straightforward.

Demand seems to be high in Dubai and the UAE at the moment. lots of big companies out there are using them. But I dont think they have grabbed all the key 1 word generics as yet. Some companies like National Bank of Dubai own loans.ae and creditcards.ae , AMLAK a big financial house own mortgage.ae

I recently (2 months ago) picked up claims.ae, staff.ae, savings.ae and employers.ae through INSTRA.. I will keep them for a bit I think prices will move greatly with this.

I asked SEDO about sales they say tv.ae sold for $8000 cruises.ae for 3000 eu and Booking.ae for about $1500.

If anyone wants to find out more about this market or is interested in any of my names them PM me ..I did a fair amount of research into this CTLD..

Regards

i transferred out of instra.

•••
Interesting thread about that extension and various experiences. But indeed, be aware that there is local filtering taking place there. Last time I was in transit in Dubai, I needed to check a quite innocuous website of some Lutheran minister in the US, and I got a block message on the screen, telling me that the website (which apparently did not even speak about anything related to Dubai or Islam) was "not compatible" with the local customs. If buying an .ae means targeting local users (and assumedly it would, primarily), then be aware that there may be limitations you won't even be aware of for some kinds of content.

•••
slapman said:
i transferred out of instra.

Hi Slapman,

Why did you transfer out of INSTRA ??? did you find a better registrar anywhere else..if so please let me know..??

currently all my stock is at INSTRA..but always on the lookout for a better cheaper deal...

Thanks,

Also to do with local customs..yes you are quite right antthing sexual , gambling and religious best to stay away from...but there is still a lot besides these categories...especially the property market in dubai is a good bet..

•••
You are entirely right about the property market, Seeplain, booming there indeed. I wouldn't invest too much on .ae names, but it might indeed be part of a well-planned, diversified domain acquisition strategy.

•••
Tribulatio said:
Interesting thread about that extension and various experiences. But indeed, be aware that there is local filtering taking place there. Last time I was in transit in Dubai, I needed to check a quite innocuous website of some Lutheran minister in the US, and I got a block message on the screen, telling me that the website (which apparently did not even speak about anything related to Dubai or Islam) was "not compatible" with the local customs. If buying an .ae means targeting local users (and assumedly it would, primarily), then be aware that there may be limitations you won't even be aware of for some kinds of content.

Right. I don't urge anyone to buy sexual related or dating domains. They will be blocked for sure.

•••
ikramy said:
Right. I don't urge anyone to buy sexual related or dating domains. They will be blocked for sure.

Or even gambling for that matter.

•••
.ae?

Are .ae domains of any value?

•••
Moved to ccTLD Discussion forums.

•••
There haven't been many known sales for the extension, and I'm sure there are many restrictions when it comes to ownership. Unless you live in The United Arab Emirates a domain most likely doesn't hold any value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back