question Advice wanted on domain name quiltyfree.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheMerchant617

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I hope you can help. Last year I bought the domain quiltyfree.com

I have made a landing page for the site with contact info in case anyone is interested in buying it but not really done anything else with it. Currently it doesn't get much traffic (384 visits this year, 531 last year) and most of it seems suspicious, with example sources being:

• rankings-analytics.com
  • best-seo-report.com
  • burger-imperia.com
  • pizza-imperia.com
  • buttons-for-website.com
  • pizza-tycoon.com
  • hvd-store.com
I intentionally bought it as a typo domain where people search for guiltyfree.com. However since then I have been split in my mind about what to do and how to make the most of this site. I currently have two thoughts:

1. Focus on the literal name and make it something related to the hobby of knitting and quilts
  2. Go with the typo and focus on guilty free related content e.g. healthy foods, diets, nutrition etc.
Does anybody have any thoughts and advice on this?

I also have two other domains that I think could be built upon:
  • findfullmovie.com
  • findmeaproxy.com
Do you think it would be better to focus my efforts more on either of these? If so, which one?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm that's a tricky one mate. As far as which ones would yield the best results would depend on a few factors. First you would need to determine:

How will you be driving traffic?

Paid or unpaid? If you going to be use SEO as your main traffic source then the obvious thing would be to do undepth keyword research on each of these sites niches. See which one has the hghest amount of search volumes for the main keywords as well associated keywords and then also check which ones have the least competition. Then check out the currently ranked sites for those keywords and see how tough it would be to outrank them

How would you monetize the site?

You will need to see which of these sites have the best spread of products to promote and what sort of returns you can make. You will have to see if you will be selling affiliate products or maybe even electronic info products related to your niche OR will you be creating your own products to sell directly.

Then you will also need to decide longevity?

Which niche is more likely to be ever green and not be a passsing fad.....unless of course u want to build the site, get it earning quickly and then flip it.

Keep in mind thay findfullmovies sorta sites will risk being taken down at some point due to copyright violations.

•••
Thanks for your points and advice deez007, that's given me some helpful food for thought.

I've decided to stay clear of the two other domains I mentioned because I thought the same as you - a bit risky!

•••
Currently it doesn't get much traffic (384 visits this year, 531 last year) and most of it seems suspicious, with example sources being:

• rankings-analytics.com
  • best-seo-report.com
  • burger-imperia.com
  • pizza-imperia.com
  • buttons-for-website.com
  • pizza-tycoon.com
  • hvd-store.com
FYI that isn't real traffic, it looks like referrer spam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back