Dynadot

Advice on Hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys!

I'm currently looking for shared hosting and I need some advice on which are the best. :)

I need them to have about 100 gb of space, 1 - 2 TB BW, databases, to allow addon domains and to be at least 2 years old.

The problem is that I don't know which of them are reliable.... I need the uptime to be great and the server load to be low. These 2 are major priorities.

I usually buy hosting for 1 year or more and pay upfront but I often either get scammed and after 6 or 7 months the host goes bankrupt and shuts down or the server load and uptime becomes so bad that I move out. I don't like to change hosts but I don't have any choice.

Thanks,
Vlad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I usually buy hosting for 1 year or more and pay upfront but I often either get scammed and after 6 or 7 months the host goes bankrupt and shuts down or the server load and uptime becomes so bad that I move out. I don't like to change hosts but I don't have any choice.

That situation may have something to do with your requirements. Shared hosting, even if generous on the surface, is typically not meant to host busy sites. With the exception of websites that distribute relatively large files, at 1-2TB of usage, you'll be placing a serious load on the server. That means that either the package must be on the expensive side (think $50+), or that your account will be suspended once it causes trouble for other customers.

Most shared hosting providers offering the numbers you're after will quite likely have clauses in their TOS forbidding most types of sites that could actually use that much, for obvious reasons.

Any budget host host that doesn't protect itself in any of the methods above will either end up bankrupt or with chronically overloaded servers.

Your real long term option depends on your budget. Either continue as you've done till now, hopping from host to host, or going for a more dedicated hosting option (VPS, dedicated, perhaps even semi-dedicated) at a significant price hike.

•••
Do you really need that kinda of space and bandwidth? How much are you actually using right now?

With the above requirements, you're going to be doing this for a long time to come if your budget is not high enough. The above expert advice covers why this will happen.

•••
I've always thought that switching to VPS is only required when you have passed the 10,000 visits/day limit.... I guess I was wrong, right?

•••
I have to say your requirements will not fit a shared hosting account. You can analyse the current usage stats to find how much resources are you using now. Based up on that only some body can suggest a correct solution for this.

•••
You need dedicated server. That is 100%
I suppose that would be right time to getv started with the reviewing offers section here and get understanding about the price range

•••
You need a dedicated server for your website. You have many visitors and that thing can easily block a shared hosting.

•••
I agree and support the dedicated server idea. That is exactly what you need or you eill work with companies which oversell the sources and won;t get what you are paying for

•••
Hello guys!

I'm currently looking for shared hosting and I need some advice on which are the best. :)

I need them to have about 100 gb of space, 1 - 2 TB BW, databases, to allow addon domains and to be at least 2 years old.

The problem is that I don't know which of them are reliable.... I need the uptime to be great and the server load to be low. These 2 are major priorities.

Thanks,
Vlad

It's very simple. Any host that offers you 100GB of space and 1-2TB of BW with a shared plan will not be very reliable, have high server loads and poor uptime.

•••
Hello guys!

Thanks,
Vlad

Vlad, if those are your actually requirements I'd say you'll never find a reliable shared host to meet those requirements.

But you should examine if you really need that level of service. File swapping or such things would be against most hosts terms of service so you'd never get close to using that level of resources.

•••
Vlad, if those are your actually requirements I'd say you'll never find a reliable shared host to meet those requirements.

But you should examine if you really need that level of service. File swapping or such things would be against most hosts terms of service so you'd never get close to using that level of resources.

That is possible to find but that would be overseller

•••
Yea you going to want a vps or dedicated server. Any shared hosting account can give you what you want, but when you read the fine print you can only use X% of the cpu which is normally like 2% so you can push 1-2tb as long as you don't go over the cpu usage which is impossible.

•••
Yea you going to want a vps or dedicated server. Any shared hosting account can give you what you want, but when you read the fine print you can only use X% of the cpu which is normally like 2% so you can push 1-2tb as long as you don't go over the cpu usage which is impossible.

Actually any overseller can do that. But I suppose that is not an option to deal with overseller.

•••
Hostease.com is a new host but suitable for you ,you can try,just my recommendation..

•••
With the kind of demands that you have presented, you should go with dedicated hosting like other users have suggested.

•••
I'm currently looking for shared hosting and I need some advice on which are the bes

For Shared Web Hosting you can follow the services of Affordable Web Hosting Company and Web Hosting Service Provider. They provide better flexibility with 99.9% uptime and stable network. I also using their cheap shared hosting since 3 years. I have never faced any problem regarding downtime. There servers are composed with latest hardware. You can also try their services for your website.

:wave:

•••
well with you wanting(needing) 1-2tb that will knock most host out of this run, plus what is your budget?

Are you sure you need that much? That is alot you asking for on a shared account.

•••
If you are seriously using 100 gb of space, 1 - 2 TB BW on a monthly basis you really need to look in to a dedicated option. Even a VPS would be generally to small for that type of workload. Also with that kind of resources being used i am pretty sure you can make enough money off your visitors to afford a decent server between $150-$200/mo.

•••
Hi Vlad,

Having your website hosted in a VPS is an excellent choice, however you'll need to manage this VPS. There are 2 options - to get Managed VPS or to use any low cost VPS management services. The price of a decent VPS hosting account is $20 - $30 per month.

PS: It is quite strange what you said... that you have always choosing web hosts that fail to provide the service for more than a few month...

•••
I think you need dedicated server

•••
You need a vps or dedicated server. A shared account can't handle what you have

•••
Hello guys!

Thanks,
Vlad

I am using lovinghosting.com for more than 2 years now and so far did not experience any major problem with them..

•••
go to some unlimited kind of host, it will also be a check of there so called unlimited thing :P

•••
Hi Vlad,

I think it would be in your best interest to take the plunge and purchase a dedicated server, or alternatively, invest in a virtual private server (VPS) that will be able to fulfill your needs specification-wise.

I'm assuming that you are currently located within a shared environment (or were at the time of your original post). As such, I'm sure that you are familiar with the various quirks and issues that can be related to a standard shared environment. You have to understand that while a shared provider may offer superior specifications with an account (i.e. increased disk space and monthly data transfer limit), this does not change the fact that your account will (more than likely) be located on a machine that is home to hundreds, possibly thousands, of other accounts, all varying in resource usage and intensity. There are some web hosting providers that restrict the number of accounts hosted within a single machine (i.e. 20 accounts per machine or less); these providers are very rare and while a semi-dedicated environment can prove to be beneficial, upgrading in the long run is often inevitable. Now, if you were to find a provider who would be willing to restrict the number of accounts per machine to three or less, this may be something to look into further.

Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are virtual "dedicated" containers that are hosted within a series of hardware servers. Each isolated environment has the ability to run its own operating system and utilize its own delegated set of resources. Full root access to your environment is [generally] granted and the ability to install scripts as desired is typically offered by default. Such an environment can still be considered as 'shared' due to the multiple containers hosted within a physical environment, but the sheer capability and superior resources offered generally provide a more expandable solution overall.

Building and purchasing a dedicated server would allow the ultimate in control and flexibility, however know that doing so is an investment.

Best of luck!

Hello guys!

Thanks,
Vlad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back