IT.COM

[Adsense on Geocities]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can we put Adsense on Geocities homepage??

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
quoting from: https://www.google.com/adsense/policies
Competitive Ads and Services
We do not permit Google ads or search boxes accessing Google search services to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads or services. If you have elected to receive contextually-targeted Google ads, this would include all other contextually-targeted ads or links on the same page as Google ads. This would also include ads throughout the site that mimic Google ads or otherwise appear to be associated with Google on your site. Although you may sell ads directly on your site, it is your responsibility to ensure these ads do not mimic Google ads. If you have elected to receive Google search services, this would include other search services on the same site and non-Google query-targeted ads. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.

since geocities is owned by yahoo, ypn will be all over geocities (actually the whole right column - frames contains ypn ads) so to answer your question it's not permitted by google adsense policies to do that.

•••
Unless you pay for the hosting :)

By the way, most internet savvy people don't take geocities sites seriously.

•••
Masahiro said:
Unless you pay for the hosting :)

By the way, most internet savvy people don't take geocities sites seriously.

it still is competing services so google will close your adsense account.

i didn't know you can pay for geocities and the ads will be gone? still geocities since it's start has reputation of free hosting so it's not good for serious web owners.

•••
Thanks all for you comments & clearing my doubt..

Regards,

Buddy I feel that this thread is not going to end..

Njoy..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back