Dynadot

Adobe Signs Multi-Year Distribution Agreement with Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Google have signed a deal with adobe that will see the google toolbar being distributed with the likes of the shockwave player.

Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the signing of a multi-year agreement with Google Inc. (Nasdaq:GOOG) to distribute the Google Toolbar with various Adobe products over the life of the deal. As a part of the agreement, Adobe and Google today will launch availability of the Google Toolbar with downloads of Adobe's Macromedia Shockwave® Player. The Google Toolbar will now be offered as part of the Shockwave Player installation process for Internet Explorer on Windows. Under the terms of the agreement, the Google Toolbar will also be offered as part of other Adobe product installations in the future.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200606/062106AdobeGoogle.html

Looks like google really want to push their toolbar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thats good for both parties realistically becuase we all know that if google are getting that abode are getting something extra - i.e more search results etc

•••
The extra that Adobe is getting is most likely adwords credits.

•••
I don't use the google toolbar, but I am assuming that google makes money when people use it? Perhaps the lesser companies that don't have cool enough software to include the toolbar pay alot to be in results?

•••
apexad google do not make money as such from the toolbar itself but the toolbar has a search box which of course uses the google search engine.

No other companies are a part of the toolbar, what labrocca is suggesting is that instead of google actually paying for adobe effectively distributing the toolbar maybe they are giving them adword credits which are used to purchase advertising on google search pages or advertising people have on their site from adsense.

•••
•••
Gosh, it's nice to see that Google is contacting and getting in tight with companies who I have purchased or use products from. [Firefox too]

It's a win-win situation, and I cannot see any real fallout from the situation.

•••
Very stragetic move on both company's parts IMO

•••
another move by Google...great!

•••
Doesn't Adobe bundle Yahoo's toolbar when you download Adobe Reader? I wonder if Yahoo is upset by this new deal.

Personally, I don't like it when companies try to bundle unrelated software.

•••
not sure Christopher Marks, if so maybe their deal expired.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back