IT.COM

status-monitor "Actual" per domain budget in title

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I hate seeing in the wanted section ppl posting Budget $5000 etc and in the thread they say $5 per domain etc.
Please make the title say the actual per domain budget. Thanks....<><

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We're certainly open to this idea.

If anyone else agrees with this, please Like the first post.

Thanks.

Note: The budget on the prefix of the thread (that you filter by) must be based on the per domain budget. That's part of the rules already.

•••
I totally agree with @Picassoface. I hadn't seen this post before I made a very similar one myself yesterday. NP has answered that my understanding of how the budget filters work is correct but they are being used incorrectly by many requestors.

•••
I totally agree with @Picassoface. I hadn't seen this post before I made a very similar one myself yesterday. NP has answered that my understanding of how the budget filters work is correct but they are being used incorrectly by many requestors.
Just to clarify, this thread is about the title of a buyer's request thread.

The prefix/filter are separate from the thread title, but they do appear on the same line.

The latter is already a requirement/rule, and thanks to this thread, we're considering a new rule that applies to the title too.

•••
I believe we're talking essentially about the same thing. I was posting initially because I was annoyed about a new request that was showing "Above $500" in the prefix, and then "WTB com/net/org expiring domain" in the title. Only when you clicked his post did you see that the actual budget per domain was "$1 to $5 dollars".

This title has now been updated to show the "$1 to $5" in the title, but I still think that the "Above $500" prefix is being used incorrectly. This was just one request thread, but I have seen this a lot.

•••
This title has now been updated to show the "$1 to $5" in the title, but I still think that the "Above $500" prefix is being used incorrectly.
Correct, that prefix is incorrect. The prefix in that case should be budget: above $1. That is a rule and enforced when we see it or receive a report.

However, there is currently no rule about the title, which can say the budget per domain name, the total budget, or no budget at all. This thread will help us decide if we need to change that. :)

•••
totally agree

If your budget is 5,000,000,000 dollars but you arent willing to spend more than 100 bucks, why not make that clear? For those that do make it clear, thanks.

Also define exactly what looking for wholesale price is in the listing. Because each individuals idea of whole sale is definitely different from what I have experienced.

•••
@Support Team:Thank you for clarifying the correct use of the budget prefix. However, (and I don't want to be pedantic about this), I did report this request thread and received the following reply:

Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'budget: above $500 - WTB .com .net .org expiring domain from $1 to $5' - It appears the member has already edited the thread title at this time. Thank you for understanding.

So my understanding of this reply was that as long as the thread title contained the correct budget per domain, then the prefix could reflect the total budget, since even with a report this post still shows "Above $500" as the prefix.

•••
@Support Team:Thank you for clarifying the correct use of the budget prefix. However, (and I don't want to be pedantic about this), I did report this request thread and received the following reply:

Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'budget: above $500 - WTB .com .net .org expiring domain from $1 to $5' - It appears the member has already edited the thread title at this time. Thank you for understanding.

So my understanding of this reply was that as long as the thread title contained the correct budget per domain, then the prefix could reflect the total budget, since even with a report this post still shows "Above $500" as the prefix.
Please disregard that response. The moderator that handled your report did so incorrectly and misunderstood the nature of your report. We will correct that mistake. Thanks.

•••
@Support Team : Thanks for clarification of the Prefix / Budget. It's farily obvious doing a quick sweep through the requests, that there are a lot of incorrectly posted requests. I have sent through a couple of more reports this morning to highlight this.

I don't want to come across as a cranky-pants. But I don't want to waste my time looking through what I think are filtered requests, only to find someone is looking for $1 bargains in what I expected to be a serious request "Above $500" or whatever filter I have selected.

•••
I don't want to come across as a cranky-pants. But I don't want to waste my time looking through what I think are filtered requests, only to find someone is looking for $1 bargains in what I expected to be a serious request "Above $500" or whatever filter I have selected.
Completely understandable. We don't want that to happen either.

We have a review scheduled to go through them and fix the ones with inaccurate prefixes.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back