IT.COM

question Acknowledge Trademark Claim

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elite Dominer

Ravi KumarTop Member
Impact
Today i tried to registrar a domain name crypto.build at godaddy . I found the price is reasonable approx $80USD and i didn't find any premium registration message/notification. so payment made and i received an email from godaddy domain registered successfully

But the domain is not available/listed in my account.

Few hours later i have received an email from godaddy with subject "Acknowledge Trademark Claim"

Funny part is they want me to claim by 29 April 2014. If some one can provide time machine i would like to try that :)

Thanks for pre-registering crypto.build. Because the domain may be trademarked, please acknowledge the trademark claim by 29 April 2014 to avoid losing the chance to register your domain.

and another funny part if i don't claim i have to wait till 31 December 9999 for this domain. OMG????

If you choose not to respond to the claim check, GoDaddy will send in the registration after 31 December 9999, if the domain name is still available.

WOW GoDaddy pretty Impressive, Isn't it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My instant reaction - ask for a cancellation and full refund.

•••
My instant reaction - ask for a cancellation and full refund.

Yes Tried that already . Support team replied It's registration failure (various reasons) godaddy will attempt 3 times to re register with in 48 Hrs. If it fails it will take another 72 Hrs to refund the money :(. So simply they will hold my money 5 days for their failure system

•••
9999? lol .. I really wish I could say I was surprised .. but the fact of the matter is the GoDaddy platform is a gargantuan mess full of bugs, glitches, security holes, miscommunications and wrong info exactly like this.

They do have most of the expiring names though .. and after a while you almost get used to all the bugs and workarounds .. almost .. but then there's always a new one that comes into play when you expect it the least! I couldn't even count the number of issues and bugs I've reported to GD over the years .. most are still there.

Good luck resolving this issue! In fairness to GD .. even if they never seem to fix anything .. in simple obvious cases like this one they usually end up eventually refunding you if you contact them.

Most people hate GoDaddy for stuff like this because they think GoDaddy is out to rip everyone off. And honestly I can't blame people for thinking that because their platform is just so full of bugs working against their users ... but at the end of the day I'm pretty sure it's mostly just a result of a monstrously large platform that has been expanded all over the place over the years that no single person or department truly even knows or understands everything that's going on under the hood. For the most part they are good and friendly people who genuinely want to help you .. you just have to hope you find someone who understands your problem and how to solve it (which is a challenge sometimes) .. otherwise you'll just be given a canned response and dismissal under the rug.

•••
Start something amazing...crypto.build is available
$1,650.00
Renewal $1,650.00 for 1 year

It will never arrive as it is a premium domain.

•••
Today i tried to registrar a domain name crypto.build at godaddy . I found the price is reasonable approx $80USD and i didn't find any premium registration message/notification. so payment made and i received an email from godaddy domain registered successfully

But the domain is not available/listed in my account.

Few hours later i have received an email from godaddy with subject "Acknowledge Trademark Claim"

Funny part is they want me to claim by 29 April 2014. If some one can provide time machine i would like to try that :)

Thanks for pre-registering crypto.build. Because the domain may be trademarked, please acknowledge the trademark claim by 29 April 2014 to avoid losing the chance to register your domain.

and another funny part if i don't claim i have to wait till 31 December 9999 for this domain. OMG????

If you choose not to respond to the claim check, GoDaddy will send in the registration after 31 December 9999, if the domain name is still available.

WOW GoDaddy pretty Impressive, Isn't it?

Gotta love these companies with billions of dollars and they cant even communicate properly.

If it were me, I'd probably ask for a refund.

•••
Start something amazing...crypto.build is available
$1,650.00
Renewal $1,650.00 for 1 year

It will never arrive as it is a premium domain.

I have contacted multiple times godaddy support every time i am receiving different response and i need to spend 30 minutes explain the situation. They are not sure what is the issue. simply saying wait 24 Hrs you will receive the domain otherwise contact again explain the situation then we will help you ?????
waste of time ..worst support team

•••
This is a consequence of the bizarre Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) mechanism which was included in the requirements for new TLD launches. If someone has submitted a trademark record to the TMCH - usually a dodgy TM registration from a jurisdiction which rubber-stamps applications - then when a new TLD launches and someone seeks to register a domain name matching a claim in the TMCH database, then the registrant is presented with the TM claim data and asked to confirm whether they want to proceed with registration anyway.

The problem with pre-registration systems is that there's no way to know, up front, whether the desired name will or will not correspond to a TMCH record in advance of the actual TLD launch. On top of that, many of the nTLD registries have developed their own registrar interface protocols, which provides something of a challenge for the registrars to have to constantly tweak their systems to accommodate various registry requirements.

In this particular instance, the complicating wrinkle is that there are three TMCH claims for crypto (having just checked, the domain name seems to be available for registration):

• Trademark Registrant:
  • Organization: BORDOTEK BİLGİSAYAR YAZILIM ELEKTRONİK TELEKOMÜNİKASYON DANIŞMANLIK VE SAVUNMA TEKNOLOJİLERİ SANAYİ VE TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ
  • Address: Cetin Emec Blv Lizbon Cd. No:29/2 Ovecler
  • City: ANKARA
  • State: -- please choose --
  • Postal Code: 06520
  • Mark: crypto
  • Jurisdiction: Turkey
  • Goods and Services:
  • Radyo ve televizyon yayın hizmetleri. Haberleşme hizmetleri (internet servisi sağlama hizmetleri dahil). Haber ajansı hizmetleri.
  • International Class of Goods and Services or Equivalent if applicable:
  • 38 - Telecommunications.
  • Trademark Registrant:
  • Organization: Crypto AG
  • Address: Zugerstrasse 42
  • City: Steinhausen
  • State:
  • Postal Code: 6312
  • Mark: CRYPTO
  • Jurisdiction: Switzerland
  • Goods and Services:
  • 6) Rohe und teilweise bearbeitete unedle Metalle und deren Legierungen; Anker, Ambosse, Glocken, gewalzte und gegossene Bauteile aus Metall; Schienen und sonstiges Material aus Metall für Schienenwege; Ketten (mit Ausnahme von Treibketten für Fahrzeuge); Kabel und Drähte aus Metall (nicht für elektrische Zwecke); Schlosserwaren; Metallrohre; Geldschränke und Kassetten; Stahlkugeln; Hufeisen; Nägel und Schrauben; Erze. 7) Maschinen, Apparate und Geräte für die Fernmeldetechnik und Informatik soweit in dieser Klasse enthalten sowie Werkzeugmaschinen; Motoren (ausgenommen für Landfahrzeuge); Kupplungen und Treibriemen (ausgenommen für Landfahrzeuge); nicht handbetätigte grosse landwirtschaftliche Geräte; Brutapparate für Eier. 9) Wissenschaftliche, Schifffahrts-, Vermessungs-, fotografische, Film-, optische, Wäge-, Mess-, Signal-, Kontroll-, Rettungs- und Unterrichtsapparate und -instrumente; elektrische Übermittlungsapparate und -instrumente für die Fernmeldetechnik und Informatik; Automaten, die durch Einwurf von Münzen oder Jetons betätigt werden; Sprechmaschinen; Registrierkassen, Rechenmaschinen; Computerhardware und -software; Feuerlöschgeräte. 37) Wartung, Bau und Reparatur von Apparaten und Systemen (Hardware) der Informations- und Kommunikationstechnik und -sicherheit. 41) Erziehung; Ausbildung. 42) Beratung, Ingenieurarbeiten und Projektmanagement im Bereich der Informations-und Kommunikationstechnik und -sicherheit; Entwurf und Entwicklung von Computerhardware und -software.
  • 6 - Common metals and their alloys; metal building materials; transportable buildings of metal; materials of metal for railway tracks; non-electric cables and wires of common metal; ironmongery, small items of metal hardware; pipes and tubes of metal; safes; goods of common metal not included in other classes; ores.
  • 7 - Machines and machine tools; motors and engines (except for land vehicles); machine coupling and transmission components (except for land vehicles); agricultural implements other than hand-operated; incubators for eggs; automatic vending machines.
  • 9 - Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; compact discs, DVDs and other digital recording media; mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment, computers; computer software; fire-extinguishing apparatus.
  • 37 - Building construction; repair; installation services.
  • 41 - Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.
  • 42 - Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software.
  • Trademark Registrant:
  • Organization: Crypto AG
  • Address: Zugerstrasse 42
  • City: Steinhausen
  • State:
  • Postal Code: 6312
  • Mark: CRYPTO
  • Jurisdiction: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (International Bureau of)
  • Goods and Services:
  • 9) Appareils et instruments scientifiques, nautiques, géodésiques, photographiques, cinématographiques, optiques, de pesage, de mesurage, de signalisation, de contrôle (inspection), de secours (sauvetage) et d'enseignement; appareils et instruments électriques pour la communication à distance et l'informatique; mécanismes pour appareils déclenchés par l'introduction de pièces de monnaie ou de jetons; machines parlantes; caisses enregistreuses, machines ä calculer; ordinateurs; logiciels; extincteurs. 37) Entretien, construction et réparation d'appareils et de systèmes (équipement informatique) pour les techniques d'information et de communication et leur sécurité. 41) Education; formation. 42) Conseils, travaux d'ingénieurs et gestion de projets dans le domaine des techniques d'information et de communication et leur sécurité; conception et développement d'ordinateurs et de logiciels.
  • 9 - Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; compact discs, DVDs and other digital recording media; mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment, computers; computer software; fire-extinguishing apparatus.
  • 37 - Building construction; repair; installation services.
  • 41 - Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.
  • 42 - Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software.

So, what it looks like, since GoDaddy is showing the name as "available for registration", is that GoDaddy did not develop an efficient mechanism for handling TMCH claim acknowledgments for pre-registrations.

But if you want the domain name, it seems to be available for direct registration as of right now.

•••
So, what it looks like, since GoDaddy is showing the name as "available for registration", is that GoDaddy did not develop an efficient mechanism for handling TMCH claim acknowledgments for pre-registrations.

Thank you for the info

Yes they didn't developed efficient mechanism at all. I am chasing their support team and every time i have to explain all the details but different response each time. Initially their support team asked me to contact [email protected]. I have contacted them and received below response.

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry that you've been given incorrect information by the support department. [email protected] is for reporting instances of trademark infringement in hosted website content. We do not have anything to do with domain registrations and cannot assist you in this matter.

I have put a note in your account so that support does not try to send you back to us. I'm sorry that we're not able to be of any further assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

D Preston
Trademark & Copyright Claims Manager
Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC
[email protected]

after many chases godaddy support team they have created a support ticket to confirm will i receive refund or not ?

and they need 24 - 72 hrs to confirm this >:(

worst support team i ever faced >:(

•••
Thank you for the info

Yes they didn't developed efficient mechanism at all. I am chasing their support team and every time i have to explain all the details but different response each time. Initially their support team asked me to contact [email protected]. I have contacted them and received below response.

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry that you've been given incorrect information by the support department. [email protected] is for reporting instances of trademark infringement in hosted website content. We do not have anything to do with domain registrations and cannot assist you in this matter.

I have put a note in your account so that support does not try to send you back to us. I'm sorry that we're not able to be of any further assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

D Preston
Trademark & Copyright Claims Manager
Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC
[email protected]

after many chases godaddy support team they have created a support ticket to confirm will i receive refund or not ?

and they need 24 - 72 hrs to confirm this >:(

worst support team i ever faced >:(

I really hope you get this resolved. This is pathetic and its one reason I've been moving away from GoDaddy more and more each year. I get the impression that not many people know whats going on in other parts of that company or how to handle/escalate issues. Plus,their communications skills suck.

•••
Well, here's the thing... the reason I had the TMCH information is that I checked whether the domain name was available for ordinary registration - which it was at the time I checked. Apart from seeking a refund for the pre-launch order, I'm a little surprised you didn't just go ahead and register the name.

•••
Well, here's the thing... the reason I had the TMCH information is that I checked whether the domain name was available for ordinary registration - which it was at the time I checked. Apart from seeking a refund for the pre-launch order, I'm a little surprised you didn't just go ahead and register the name.

Issue is while i registered this domain at godaddy domain price showed to me $80 USD. Now as per godaddy it's bug in their system and cost of the domain is $1620 USD and renewal also $1620 USD. Too much renewal and registration cost for this gltd

•••
Issue is while i registered this domain at godaddy domain price showed to me $80 USD. Now as per godaddy it's bug in their system and cost of the domain is $1620 USD and renewal also $1620 USD.

Oh, okay.

That's one thing that Godaddy could not have predicted. That's more of an issue with registry coordination.

All of these new gTLD's developed their own pricing tiers and "premiums", and sometimes that information is not made available to the registrars until very close to launch. So, if the registrar is running a "pre-order" program, and assuming a name is not premium, then they can't register the name at that price.

But since they needed the TMCH confirmation in order to proceed to pricing and checkout, it choked on that first.

•••
I tried to register this domain via Godaddy as an exercise the TM clearing info came up during the process, I accepted, it came to like $80 in my cart, I checked OK, but no domain ever arrived.

The upstream info in regards to premium is not synced into godaddy, so the connection was never triggered on the other side. The domain is $1,600 per year to register, that is why it still sits unregistered, and probably will until the end of time.

I was given a full refund.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back