IT.COM

discuss About TM crypto, bitcoin , doge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topros

Established Member
Impact
Hello...
1.is it Crypto, bitcoin, ethereum, dogecoin a Trademark? (TM)!
2.Can we sell domain with These name + Word or word+these name?
3.can we parking with these name?
4.what is UDRP about TM Domains
Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello...
1.is it Crypto, bitcoin, ethereum, dogecoin a Trademark? (TM)!
2.Can we sell domain with These name + Word or word+these name?
3.can we parking with these name?
4.what is UDRP about TM Domains
Thank you
1. The word crypto isn't trademarked, nor is Bitcoin. If anyone could do something with "Bitcoin", maybe the anonymous founder(s) would qualify, who has never publicly revealed himself (themselves). However, "some" crypto companies do have them

https://trademarks.justia.com/866/34/ethereum-86634529.html

2. Sometimes people register "ETH" and "ETHER" styled domains. The likes of "Etherscan" (an Ethereum based block explorer) is an existing company, that "serve" the Ethereum community, with regards to tracking. To operate (and to remain on the safe side), I would assume they've had a conversation with Ethereum, for their approval. Ethereum have an ideology of wanting to be "decentralized" and "free", maybe they accept that side projects may want to aid this cause...I don't know. I have a vague understanding of trademarks, but I do know they're not to be taken lightly, under the vast majority of circumstances. IMO

3. I refer to what I said above

4. UDRP: Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy. They offer a route for brand owners to recover domain names, that are confusingly similar to their brand, including those that are victims of typosquatting. The similarity test is the first hurdle that a brand owner faces, under the UDRP

Last edited:
•••
1. The word crypto isn't trademarked, nor is Bitcoin. If anyone could do something with "Bitcoin", maybe the anonymous founder(s) would qualify, who has never publicly revealed himself (themselves). However, "some" crypto companies do have them

https://trademarks.justia.com/866/34/ethereum-86634529.html

2. Sometimes people register "ETH" and "ETHER" styled domains. The likes of "Etherscan" (an Ethereum based block explorer) is an existing company, that "serve" the Ethereum community, with regards to tracking. To operate (and to remain on the safe side), I would assume they've had a conversation with Ethereum, for their approval. Ethereum have an ideology of wanting to be "decentralized" and "free", maybe they accept that side projects may want to aid this cause...I don't know. I have a vague understanding of trademarks, but I do know they're not to be taken lightly, under the vast majority of circumstances. IMO

3. I refer to what I said above

4. UDRP: Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy. They offer a route for brand owners to recover domain names, that are confusingly similar to their brand, including those that are victims of typosquatting. The similarity test is the first hurdle that a brand owner faces, under the UDRP

thank you...
how about dogecoin?

if domains Get UDRP, domains will move to the brand owners?

is any consequences like go to jail or pay some money/fees to the brand owners?

•••
thank you...
how about dogecoin?

if domains Get UDRP, domains will move to the brand owners?

is any consequences like go to jail or pay some money/fees to the brand owners?
I'm not a hardcore expert on trademarks, maybe someone more qualified will correct me in the forum. If UDRP is succcessful, then yes. I don't know about jail, but certainly money. Regarding Dogecoin, the meme Doge (the Japanese dog Kabosu, owned by Atsuko Sato) is being copyrighted (in the US) by a company named Ultra Pro, which want the rights to use it in clothing, which is a little interesting

This article may be of use: https://www.natlawreview.com/articl...crypto-dogecoin-disputes-illustrate-potential

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Dogecoin, the meme Doge (the Japanese dog Kabosu, owned by Atsuko Sato) is being copyrighted (in the US) by a company named Ultra Pro, which want the rights to use it in clothing

ist mean dogecoin (.) com doesnt have right/TM for "dogecoin"?

thank you for your answer

•••
Dogecoin shouldn't have a copyright...
That company has zero rights to the name...

•••
Back