Dynadot

advice About these branded domains...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

coco77

Top Member
Impact
Hey guys/girls,

I have a few domains based around some already branded .com e-commerce stores that has never had a TM for their name. Both are Chinese based stores. One of the very first domains I registered a few months ago

1. RoseWholesale //com: Alexa Current Global Rank 5,917
2. NastyDress //com Alexa Current Global Rank 30,358

Both of them fluctuate in ranks. They both rank much higher around holidays etc
I have both names with .SHOP EXTENSION

What would you do? Try selling the stores the domains, or try selling to end-user? Again both Chinese stores still do not have any TM since 2013.

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regardless of TM or no TM, I wouldn't be buying .shop domains based on existing .COM websites.

The strategy is backwards. It is difficult to sell an inferior domain to someone who already owns the .COM. It is a very limited market of those who would have a use for RoseWholesale//shop and NastyDress//shop

I would drop or sell cheap and move onto better domains. Good luck!

•••
Regardless of TM or no TM, I wouldn't be buying .shop domains based on existing .COM websites.

The strategy is backwards. It is difficult to sell an inferior domain to someone who already owns the .COM. It is a very limited market of those who would have a use for RoseWholesale//shop and NastyDress//shop

I would drop or sell cheap and move onto better domains. Good luck!

Ya these were among my first domains i bought! Just wanted opinions cause i know the market is limited. Unless somebody wants to piggyback their "branded" name, I wanna get rid of them lol

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for your advice!

When I started buying domains, for some reason I had a soft spot for dot SHOP lol :xf.frown:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back