Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

huwenbin

Established Member
Impact
Does falshlight is a wrong word? spell wrong
it should be flashlight? Please help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good afternoon.

The correct spelling is 'flashlight'. The other spelling makes no sense in the English language.

This is another word for torch.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
As mentioned by @Reddstagg ...its flashlight

Maybe you could sell it someone dyslexic (cheap joke, I'm being silly)

•••
do not find the answer. do not know the word right or wrong.

Last edited:
•••
do not find the answer. do not know the word right or wrong.
So here is what I did and you could do in the future if you really want to get this figured out.

I highlighted each word, 'bultery' and 'cigarlet' then right clicked on the word when it was highlighted and chose the option to 'search google for xxx'

bultery is not a word and the only references are bulldog/terrior dog mixes, which I'm sure isn't a massive market.
cigarlet immediately brought up a trademark for a company that sells mini cigars (I think). So not a real word, but a trademarked brand name.

You could do the same for any word. If it is a dictionary word, then you would have seen entries for online dictionaries that give the definition, etc. If it is a common word, then you'd see tons of entries all about the meaning and uses.

•••
•••
Buy an English dictionary, then you can check out all these misspellings yourself

•••
I find the meaning in English-Chinese translator, looks it's wrong

•••
Last time I checked, Google was still alive and kicking! 😶

•••
•••
--

Last edited:
•••
It is going to be really hard to invest in English words, without a very strong grasp of the language.

These type of terms are either obscure words, or not words at all. Regardless, they really have no value.

I think you probably need to do a little more research and learning first. I would just ignore the handregged single word market. It is a money pit.

Brad

•••
falshlight is not english word, it's an invented product name.
it's also an intentional typo (an ugly one for that matter) of flashlight.
name has zero sales value as far as domaining is concerned

Last edited:
•••
First search result for this term in quotes is again Alibaba/AliExpress. That's often a good indication not to register the term. Note: I'm using Google and I'm based in the Netherlands. Things may show differently in other countries.

Last edited:
•••
flashlight.jpg

•••
Falsh could be a brand ……

•••
Last edited:
•••
First search result for this term in quotes is again Alibaba/AliExpress. That's often a good indication not to register the term.

The term is clearly misspelt, but curious about your assertion above. Can you elaborate?

•••
•••
Thanks FS. Very interesting.

•••
If English is this difficult for you then you may be better off with investing
In domains in your language.

•••
I register these domains using a database which others use. can't believe so many mistakes. I only want to confirm does it can be accepted by yours. or can be used like this

•••
I register these domains using a database which others use. can't believe so many mistakes. I only want to confirm does it can be accepted by yours. or can be used like this

Most domains are available for a reason.

Brad

•••
Most domains are available for a reason.

Brad
Brad, how would you know whether it's a bad reason?

I recently hand registered what I think is a good if not great .com domain. I only googled it later. Has been dropped in 2008 (when the main term didn't exist yet - tech related) and again in 2018. Seems like it never existed as a website.

What more can be done?

•••
The market today in short .com domains is in invented brandables. Short 5 to 8 characters. But even there you have to be careful and do your due diligence. Radio test, avoid confusion with words and existing brands. And additionally how the domain sounds, does it evoke a certain emotion, can it have negative connotations in some language, can the hearer be able to spell it easily, does it have the appearance of a misspelling or an authoritative brand, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
•••
Back