NameSilo

discuss About .biz extension..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
15 x more value and any new TLDs.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I recently got an offer $1,000 for my domain mos.biz via DomainNameSales.
'Mos' means 'Moscow'. Here's a great Moscow government website -> http://www.mos.ru/

•••
It has value with strong words. If not, stay away.

•••
•••
.XYZ .Club are way better

.biz is business. It is a 15 years old global TLD. It is international and serious for business. Indeed, it is used worldwide in many global countries like USA, UK, Europe, Asia, etc etc.
.xyz is meaningless frankly speaking. It gives people a playful nonsense feel. Very very very less company will use .xyz to represent their company. It is a joke extension.
.club do have a certain niche visitors. That are only for night clubs mostly and adult industry, with very minor fans in other entertainment areas.
All new tld extensions will only enforce the power of com/net/org/biz/info/cn.

•••
bumping a discussion thread is kind of lame IMO.

I've acquired a couple .biz lately NNN, worth a try. By bumping I mean "up" with nothing constructive to add.

I don't know how "serious" the .biz extension is (a lot of people would disagree), but for 2N/3N, 2L/3L it might still prove useful. 3L seems to be the weakest link.

•••
My issue: many good one word .biz domains often end up in poor sales IMO.I don't like that.

•••
I agree, a .biz name is better than any new TLD, the extension is recognized

•••
well I have few Single word .biz Lets see what happens

•••
well I have few Single word .biz Lets see what happens
Well Loans.biz is on auction on sedo now. 1st bid is $800. wtf. See what i said about one word .bizs not carrying their weight? Well this is another good example of that. Just sayin!

•••
Now biz is on fire... LL.biz seem sell over 2k and like @forge said those are the category that are hot now.
Sell those if you have in stock but buying now and trying the flip could be dangerous.

1 worb biz could be good if you paid very low.. otherwise is better go with coms. IMO

•••
Any idea what non vowel 3L .biz are going for now?

•••
A bonus for .biz that might help some:

BIZ in many turkic languages including Turkish, Azerbaijani etc. means "WE". So, sometimes gets very good meaning with some words.

•••
Any idea what non vowel 3L .biz are going for now?
they do not yet have a page on chaomi so i think LLL.biz is not yet started to be interesting enough to keep track

•••
.biz is meant to signify business, but I think the "z" takes away greatly from the professionalism that a business would want with a domain name. I think the general public is cautious when visiting a .biz site as well. That being said, a good single keyword or short L or N domain could certainly get offers from other domainers.

•••
It does not help that .com already includes the meaning of biz, but also is wider. So, no uniqueness of use, like .net for web related services, .org for organizations/non-profit etc.

•••
And one word .biz still not doing that well on the aftermarket's...hmm

•••
I'd estimate the value of most .biz names to be right around $8.95

•••
Perhaps LLLL .biz might be another Chinese premium opportunity? Already seeing certain patterns getting regged by Chinese guys. Check ExpiredDomains.net, (Set Chinese filter and sort by WHOIS date). You can see a few of them with Chinese registrants. Not a lot yet but could be worth watching in case more wacky things happen :)

•••
In recent years, I think both end users and developers have recognized .biz for what it is: Misspelled :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back