Dynadot

.tv A question?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
You find a premium .tv name (the $500 type you can register only at the .tv website). It shows over 2 billion on Google. You register it, at $500 a year, because you decide "this" is the one! Even www.GreatDomains.com agrees with you, and lists it for $50,000 to whatever, $200,000.
So, now everything is wonderful, and you are on cloud nine just waiting to sell it for big bucks.

My question is: Is someone really going to buy this premium .tv name after they find out it costs $500 a year (or lots more, of course, depending on how big a "premium" name it is)?
Or, if they just paid, for example $45,000 for your premium $500 .tv name, is the $500 a year no big deal? Maybe it no big deal to them because the buyer is a company, and not an individual?

I could just see myself buying a $500 premium .tv, selling it on www.GreatDomains.com, but then losing the deal after the buyer finds out costs $500 a year to register!
Any thoughts from you Namepros .tv experts?

Frank

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
knarfmusik said:
I could just see myself buying a $500 premium .tv, selling it on www.GreatDomains.com, but then losing the deal after the buyer finds out costs $500 a year to register!
Any thoughts from you Namepros .tv experts?

Frank

I think if someone is going to shell out $XX,000.00 to buy your name they probably won't worry about the yearly cost of the domain.

I think this does however put a "premium" on good names found for a fraction of the cost where the yearly renewal fee is going to be $34.94 (or whatever you get the point).

•••
alot of ppl pay a few thousand dollars a month rent for a nice storefront... so in the virtual world for virtual real estate i'm sure $40/month for the domain ($500 year) is small fry....

•••
JeffM2 said:
alot of ppl pay a few thousand dollars a month rent for a nice storefront... so in the virtual world for virtual real estate i'm sure $40/month for the domain ($500 year) is small fry....

Hey, that's true! Another good way to look at it! I never even thought about it as a "monthly" cost! Same goes for your comments Izo!

Frank

•••
Yah, in an xx,xxx deal it won't make a huge diff, but I don't really get why it is $500 a year to register...

•••
cause verisign is a money hungry organization...... still there are other extensions that cost $100-$250/yr to register... .tv just happened to catch on

•••
Hello Frank :) my few premium renewals will be paid by the ppc incomes they have generated over the current year, I can see a significant increase in my monthly earnings. I agree with Izo and Jeff, I don't believe that an annual fee of $500 or reasonnable+ could affect a potential buyer, end-user I mean.

•••
Argos said:
Hello Frank :) my few premium renewals will be paid by the ppc incomes they have generated over the current year, I can see a significant increase in my monthly earnings. I agree with Izo and Jeff, I don't believe that an annual fee of $500 or reasonnable+ could affect a potential buyer, end-user I mean.

This is great to hear from all you fellow members. Now, I just need to sell some domains to get that $500, and hope the name I want is still available!! Then hope I picked a good premium name! But, shouldn't all premium names be a good one??? Ha!!! I hope so for $500 a year!

Frank :sold:

•••
would youguys register a $500 premium name over the $30 ones? I think its a good gamble with the $500 ones..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back