IT.COM

A question about domain name disputes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Farid Ameen

Impact
Hey everyone,

I am interested in registering a .com domain name. I recently found out that anyone from any country can claim and sue you for trademark infringement (if it happens that you are infringing trademark), and I was not able to get access to and learn all of the trademark laws of every country. So, I was wondering if anyone knows of a ccTLD where only laws of one country can and does govern it in case of a dispute?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO the first step would be to type the name (without extension of course) in google, and see what results you get.
If there is a well-known company or TM of some sort, you will probably find out. Then you have to decide if your intended use could clash with their location and business scope.

•••
I was thinking the same thing. for example, if I purchased aa.com, aa.co.uk or aa.world.
A number of companies use AA.
American Airlines
AA automobile in UK
AA industries in China. Etc
Could they use a udrp against me, no matter what tld I use. (If I'm not infringing on there business) with just parked pages.

•••
I was thinking the same thing. for example, if I purchased aa.com, aa.co.uk or aa.world.
A number of companies use AA.
American Airlines
AA automobile in UK
AA industries in China. Etc
Could they use a udrp against me, no matter what tld I use. (If I'm not infringing on there business) with just parked pages.
Can you restrict your domain/website not to open in those (companies) countries?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back