Domain Empire

A hosting domain?

NameSilo
Watch
When it comes to creating a new hosting domain what do you think is best, something unique (ie: godaddy, 1and1..etc)

Or, something keyword rich to help with search engines (ie: hostgator, 5dollarhosting..etc)

With all the competition these days will a keyword rich domain even do anything for you in the se's?

I'm wondering because I am consider moving my hosting website now while it's still somewhat small and there aren't tons of clients to a short, easy to remember 4L.com that I have (Qaxa)

your thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
imho, it depends entirely on the keyword name you have/are looking at.

re seo: i just searched google for "website hosting" and 6 of the top 10 results did not have either "website" or "hosting" in the domain name. i'd imagine the amount of seo being poured in to these terms makes it close to irrelevant.

i think Qaxa is a fine name, unless of course you have webhost.com....

•••
We're doing quite well with our unique name; we also have excellenthost and premiumhost, but reputation seems to be the most important for popularity; the name is only a small part.

•••
I just bought hostingpoint.net from Sedo and it seems to have preety good keywords without being a .com .

•••
for me, it would be neither... they're nice, but mostly only icing to the cake. Good people operating well and knowing the ropes in business will always get my vote compared to a less savvy person with a good keyword-rich company name.

A lot of people will argue that google/godaddy/yahoo were bad names (I actually saw many pundits in cnbc before scoffing at how to take a company like google and yahoo seriously; but look at them now), but with good marketing, then execution (or a good concept like backlink-based search), you'll do well regardless.

•••
Your domain name must be connected with your activity. I mean the keyword.

•••
Going for unique domains gives you more chances to get a .com thing. And that's definitely better than a keyword in the less attractive domain extension. But mind you will have to invest more into their advertizing, it's like comparing Enom.com to Eurodns.com, it's much more obvious what the second domain is about than the first one unless you know it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back