NameSilo

A good web desginer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In your opinion, what determines a good web designer ?

For me it will be hardworking

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks everyone for sharing here i leant alot reading from all of your posts

•••
should have a creative head is the most wanted thing in the designer.

•••
yup creativity produce creative work =)

•••
Creativity is definitely key. But also it's important to understand what the customer is asking for and deliver it. And keeping up with all the trends, too.

•••
thanks for sharing that really true

•••
wicked_gal00 said:
Creativity is definitely key. But also it's important to understand what the customer is asking for and deliver it. And keeping up with all the trends, too.

Keeping up the trend will also ensure that they will meet customer expectation

•••
Being a good web designer is not about being punctual, or being or not being profit driven, or confident, or any of those things. Those are simply characteristics of good business people.

In my mind, a good web designer understands what design is: communication. The goal of any design is primarily to communicate a message to the end user.

With this in mind, a good web designer

a) understands the basics of design (contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity - C.R.A.P.)

b) understand the message that the client wants to communicate.

c) understands the target market. If the client is targeting youth, don't put an image of an elderly couple holding hands. If the client is targeting middle-class suburban moms, don't put an image of Marilyn Manson.

d) understand web accessibility. (W3C)

e) doesn't duplicate other designs, but uses others work to understand how web users interact with designs.

That's my list of what a good web designer is.

•••
name-cloud said:
Being a good web designer is not about being punctual, or being or not being profit driven, or confident, or any of those things. Those are simply characteristics of good business people.

In my mind, a good web designer understands what design is: communication. The goal of any design is primarily to communicate a message to the end user.

With this in mind, a good web designer

a) understands the basics of design (contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity - C.R.A.P.)

b) understand the message that the client wants to communicate.

c) understands the target market. If the client is targeting youth, don't put an image of an elderly couple holding hands. If the client is targeting middle-class suburban moms, don't put an image of Marilyn Manson.

d) understand web accessibility. (W3C)

e) doesn't duplicate other designs, but uses others work to understand how web users interact with designs.

That's my list of what a good web designer is.

thanks for sharing. Its really a great reply. BTW are u a designer yourself ?

•••
Yes, I am a graphic designer in Canada. I am a web designer and print production manager at Images in London (www.images.ca).

My personal portfolio is at www.atrickdesign.com

•••
name-cloud said:
Yes, I am a graphic designer in Canada. I am a web designer and print production manager at Images in London (www.images.ca).

My personal portfolio is at www.atrickdesign.com

That really nice site you have there. Goodluck to you. You are really a very good designer

•••
•••
Owais said:
hardworking

I think it require more than just hardworking to be 1 good designer. Hard working is just 1 part of it and it is quite important as welll. Thanks for sharing

•••
To Identify a Good web dsigner

Hi My dear Friend,

To recognize a good web designer, he can provide to a base with an excellent design, which has the power to catch the eye of a person and thus gives a promotion to your product. It is necessary that the site also shud have an excellent program support that enhances the design.

After all this is also a profession, so this profession also have to keep the criteria, understanding the requirement, meeting the deadline, quoting the wright price and the trust to give assistance at an point of time in the future.

Regards
Anoop Kumar B ([email protected])
Web designer

Nway softwares
http://nway.in/

•••
i think creative and hardworking curious guy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back