Dynadot

A free domain liquidation platform. No listing fee. No commission. - Your thoughts and comments are welcome

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think about a platform with this characteristics?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, I will use it as soon as it lauches.

votes
    56.3%
  • I will not use it.

votes
    12.5%
  • I will think about it.

votes
    31.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Please, vote and comment on a platform that meets the following specifications.

It is a decentralized platform, which means the transaction is not handled by the platform, but by seller and buyer.

You can list as many domain names as you want, but make sure the price is not over $50, since that is the limit for all liquidations. It can be any price under $50.

Each name you list will remain listed for 3 days and then disappear. If you are interested in a domain name, you contact the seller directly or the buyer will contact you, using the information you have provided.

The 3-day limit on the domains serves a few purposes. First, that potential buyers grab the domain, because it will go away. Second, this eliminates the need for your to be updating portfolios.

The liquidation service will remain free, because the platform will sustain itself with ads and with a featured domain listing component, that requires a fee if you want to have your domain listed on the front page with a picture and a description, both of which we will generate for you using Ai.

No membership on the platform is needed. You simply visit the site and list your name and add a contact to your listing, which may be an email or a social media link where potential buyers can reach out to you.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions that you would no like to post on the thread.

NOTE: This is a project conceived with the domain investor in mind. The project is almost ready and may launch between today and tomorrow, but will take into consideration some of the suggestions given by investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why listed for 3 days and then disappear?
Supposing I have registered a domain and I realized that I don't want to renew it and X months are left before expiration, I would like that the domain is listed until the end of his registration

•••
a service pretty much like that is already available here on namepros.

•••
•••
A great idea! One of the problems I continually see with sites like this though, is the search functions are garbage, so you end up with a mish-mash of terrible domain names you have to search through to find anything worth considering, and thus it takes too long and people get frustrated and leave. You must have a robust search function to narrow down domain names for potential buyers! The 3 day listing period is very smart, but people will just re-list after 3 days unless you can prevent re-listing of a domain for say 30 days, perhaps? You should consider either a small membership fee ($5 a month or $49 a year). And a way to keep people from listing domains that aren't registered yet or domains they don't own. Good Luck!

•••
@cabotower I thought so right away too - NamePros ))

•••
Why listed for 3 days and then disappear?
Supposing I have registered a domain and I realized that I don't want to renew it and X months are left before expiration, I would like that the domain is listed until the end of his registration

Thanks for your comment. The idea is to maintain a sense of urgency, which will not be there is listed just until expiration.

•••

Thanks for your comment. Not really like NP. The platform’s scope is to have a conveniently searchable list of names where domain investors can move the portfolio they are not selling and also find great deals on that unified list.

We will continue to add more features.

Last edited:
•••
The beta version of the site is now active. The site is https://defibuyer.com/

You can now list your domains. Thanks

•••
"Each name you list will remain listed for 3 days and then disappear." - I don't like it.
Why AMZ affiliate link on site? put GoDaddy there or so
1677061389969.png

•••
Add an Icon/Favicon for your website it shows the WordPress "W"

•••
Add an Icon/Favicon for your website it shows the WordPress "W"
Done. Thanks for the observation. Still on beta mode and there are a few other things we need to correct.

By the way, you can now also post names as Make Offer.

•••
Problem is that the software is not made for that purpose. Namepros should consider using some plugin for that section. I think this new platform will give a 3 day high visibility to names.

Last edited:
•••
Based on your feedback and direct communication with NamePros members, we have made a few changes.

1. Now you can post the price tag of your choice. List domain names for any price, no cap.
2. Your regular listing will be active for 30 days.
3. You can also list names at Make Offer.
4. We will be advertising the platform to attract end-users, not only domain investors.
5. The platform continues to be free and you can list as many names as you want.

•••
•••
Screenshot_2023-03-12-23-11-08-581_com.android.chrome.jpg
I had submitted my domain twice. As there is no default currency symbol. You may put it on top column, "Price, $"

•••
Based on your feedback and direct communication with NamePros members, we have made a few changes.

1. Now you can post the price tag of your choice. List domain names for any price, no cap.
2. Your regular listing will be active for 30 days.
3. You can also list names at Make Offer.
4. We will be advertising the platform to attract end-users, not only domain investors.
5. The platform continues to be free and you can list as many names as you want.
Sounds like it is morphing into just another marketplace. I would use it if it was a dedicated liquidation platform (so I voted that way), but not in the form you're now describing. I think with these changes it's just going to end up like many of the other marketplaces - full of crap overpriced domains.

If it was a liquidation platform I would go with a 7-day or 10-day listing limit, then lock domains out so they can't re-list for another 60 days. And max price of say $500. Personally, I am a huge fan of NameLiquidate (reverse auction starting @ $999 and ending @ $9 (or reserve). I think you have a perfect opportunity to replace it as there's a very high likelihood it'll disappear very soon with all the issues at Epik.

Just my thoughts...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back