Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airship

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice design. Valuations seem much too high though..

But good to know you got some dev skills...I may need a hand in the future...

•••
Thanks. I am still perfecting it, but you should find it's pretty accurate

Loan.info valuation is wrong. I know why. I'll fix it.

Last edited:
•••
Decent site, nice, clean - to the point, relevant information

•••
hmmm... so the bug i told you about in the chat room seems like it only comes in to play with really short names like 1.com.

•••
I know I'm being a Debbie Downer but don't you think it's a waste of time.
Automated appraisal tools are useless and will trick newbies into buying garbage.
Domains don't sell because they have nice appraisals, but because they are quality and somebody wants to buy.

•••
1.com doesn't exist? Try z.com.

Kate, I built this out of love, not to make money.

The tool justs you an idea of how much your domain is worth or someone elses based on web statisitcs and magic algorithms.

Last edited:
•••
It's a nice layout and everything but here is my honest opinion on it which is close to Katie's.

Unless you're planning on perfecting it, and spending tons and tons and tons on advertising what's the point? Domain appraisals for the most part are just a simple guideline. Majority of all sales do not sell for or close to the appraised amount.

And a second note to that is Estibot has that market pretty much cornered and is the most used appraisal service for all domaining, I don't see that changing.

Last edited:
•••
The tool justs you an idea of how much your domain is worth or someone elses based on web statisitcs and magic algorithms.

Totally support entrepreneurship and spirit. You got to start somewhere. I am sure it was a learning curve for you and it will take you to places. When we look back, I am sure everyone says 'what was I thinking?'

•••
Great attractive site you've got. But I also feel the there is an over-estimated value for domains, tried a couple of mine. Keep it up, estibot might end up paying millions for it:-D.

•••
Thanks. I am still perfecting. I have noticed a few domains are priced quite high.

•••
will sound like a repeat but here goes....
I am glad that you have a good domain and that you are doing something with it. However, it is my opinion that the automated appraisals are the biggest issue with new domainers some are buying hundreds of domains and not just hand reg, they are buying from the drops and marketplaces spending thousands of dollars solely based on completely wrong and misleading information.
As i said though, it is great that you have something going and I do want it to work well for you, I only wish that the appraisal sites would explain that the tool should be used along with other research of the domains in question before buying.
Help the new guys grow strong without going broke first ;) Perhaps you could add something explaining the basics of learning domain values to go along with the appraisals.. Just a thought..

•••
Tank,

I will add a notice on the site addressing your concern.

Thanks.

•••
Tank,

I will add a notice on the site addressing your concern.

Thanks.
Awesome, I wouldn't put up a notice that may harm any income you may be seeking but i would suggest finding a few great articles about domain valuation techniques then summarize them into your site in your own words, not only will it help beginners but google will like your site better as well ;) good luck with it.

•••
I've put a disclaimer on the valuation page, right below the price :)

Like I said valubot is work in progress. I will hopefully add more to the site soon.

Last edited:
•••
No offence, just modifying or using a ready made scrip available for less than 20 bucks in the market won't lead you anywhere. You need to do something out of the box to stand out in the crowd and you know pretty well how many people are using the same damn script.
The domain is undoubtedly a pretty good one but using this cheap script is injustice to it.

Last edited:
•••
Hi ikhub,

You are correct. I've had to make A LOT of changes to the script because it wasn't perfect.

Why do it all from scratch and provide a free service?

The script I bought didn't take into consideration CVCV quads etc. Buy it and take a look for yourself.

Also, go to valbot.com. They've used a similar script. Try enter a tri or quad .com. It's totally useless.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
all of my sites are "built" from other scripts/themes, it is usually cost efficient and if it serves the purpose I say leave the bells and whistles in the closet..

•••
Thanks. As my disclaimer says on the valuation page I'm just providing entertainment. I'm not asking for your money.

Yes exactly, who's got a WordPress website? Lol

Last edited:
•••
i stand corrected, it seems to be dead on with my 24-7.xyz

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 4.59.44 PM.png

•••
I noticed that earlier. Little bug. Ive fixed the bug. It's now worth 1k.

It's still work in progress.

Last edited:
•••
Do you youself believe in the values valubot come up with? If you do, I will ask if you have some 4letter chips for sale - I tried 3 and they all got a value of $0 - I will be generous and offer you $100 a piece :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back