Dynadot

8 Numbers domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Salai Domains

Account Closed
Impact
Friends, what you think about the market? Do you believe that domains with 7 and 8 Numbers will be a success to?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Simply No! Too long and hard to remember. 86356879.com Try to remember, even with commas. 86,356,879.com

•••
I strongly believe there is and will be a good market for 8N too.
Not all combinations, of course but if you get into the Chinese mindset where 8 is the golden number..well...imagine owning a 8N with 8s in it.

•••
Simply No! Too long and hard to remember. 86356879.com Try to remember, even with commas. 86,356,879.com
Telephones numbers have 8 numbers sometimes 9 numbers and I can remember....

•••
Not all combinations, of course but if you get into the Chinese mindset where 8 is the golden number..well...imagine owning a 8N with 8s in it.
Nice photomind! I have some 8N domains with 8 and 2.

I´m betting in this too

•••
@Salai Domains If you sell a phone number domain, only have one buyer, in the whole world. That number may belong to a random household or the business may rather have its brand name for its domain name.

•••
@Salai Domains If you sell a phone number domain, only have one buyer, in the whole world. That number may belong to a random household or the business may rather have its brand name for its domain name.
Good point, but not only one, because we had code areas and country areas too. But thank you for your opinion! It´s nice to see this way too

•••
@photonmymind
82282882.com and 28828228.com

•••
@Salai Domains Lets say there is 400 area codes. 400 potential buyers and out of them, 99% households. 99% of business want there brand name or initials as there domain name.

•••
@Salai Domains Lets say there is 400 area codes. 400 potential buyers and out of them, 99% households. 99% of business want there brand name or initials as there domain name.
I know friend you have a point. But I agree with @photonmymind I believe in the future of this market with some domains

•••
•••
Depends on the domain. Probably 888 xx 888 and 888 xxx 888 will have some value.

•••
•••
only those that easy to memorize yes.

7n patterns could be like:
xxx x xxx
xx xx xx x
x xx xx xx

8n patterns more dificult than 7n and 9n, but anyway also could have value if the pattern is nice or easy to remember:
xxx xx xxx
xx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xx
xx xx xx xx

9n are easy than 8n ones:
xxx xxx xxx

•••
Maya is on to something very important here when considering buying such long number domains *thumbs up*

•••

xxx x xxx
xx xx xx x
x xx xx xx

8n patterns more dificult than 7n and 9n, but anyway also could have value if the pattern is nice or easy to remember:
xxx xx xxx
xx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xx
xx xx xx xx

xxx xxx xxx
@mayazir maybe you´re right. Here in Brazil we save phone numbers like you said xxxx xxxx , but around the world maybe there others ways. Nice point you this about memory

•••

xxx x xxx
xx xx xx x
x xx xx xx

xxx xx xxx
xx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xx
xx xx xx xx

xxx xxx xxx

Personally I think it all depends on the pattern, if there are repetitions or 8s then the game changes.

Let's keep in mind that Chinese buy numeric domains not for the sake of owning their phone numbers but because numbers sound like words , have a "meaning" and let's not forget about Feng Shui so I do not think they have troubles remembering them.

As I said it all comes down to the pattern and I am quite confident in saying that I wouldn't have any issue remembering 88882323 for example, would you?

•••
Personally I will not forget any number, I have a good memory.
But it is easy divide 9N in 3, than in 2.
Easier to say, at least in languages I know.
Ok, you also can say "four eights", but if it is not the same 4 numbers, will be too long to say "one thousand six hundred fifty eight".
And of couse there are domains that I didnt indicate as pattern, because they have value due the chinese numerology, feng shui or personal opinion of the potencial buyer.
But anyway, memorize 9N is better as 3 by 3.
But finally there are not too much valuable 9N as all think.
They are not 1 billion possible combinations.
But only that match a XXX XXX XXX pattern or have something very special due feng shui or pair numbers as in your example.

•••
I think that the whole "numeric domains" thing is because of Chinese as I don't think many western buyers will buy numeric names unless we talk about 123.com.
So I suppose you wouldn't read them as the full number but digit by digit..
Anyway numeric domains are for Chinese so we should focus on what has value for them.

•••
There are 100,000,000 of these.

Most won't even be worth reg fee.

Not today. Not tomorrow.

•••
But I dont tell you are not right.
I tell that 9N have these possible patterns:

1) XXX XXX XXX
2) feng shui or numerology or whatever
3) some pattern with too much pairs
4) personal preference

I only told that something like 856 378 982 never will sell as something special, no one will buy it, so all 9N never will be regged as happened with 3N, 4N and 5N.

•••
There are 100,000,000 of these.

Most won't even be worth reg fee.

Not today. Not tomorrow.

"Most" won't be. But "Some" will make those who invested in premium combinations a huge ROI.

•••
•••
Some domain names with 7 or 8 numbers have value, such as 8886668 or 88866688 etc.
In Chinese culture,number is considered as a symbol of auspicious or inauspicious,which is based on similarity of the number's pronunciation and the meaning of the sound in Chinese characters.For example,6,8,9 are regarded as lucky numbers.Domain names have the more 6, 8 or9 ,the more welcomed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back