Dynadot

news 6817.com current bid $44,500

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Prices are really skyrocketing day after day. The current bid for 6817.com is already at $44,500 with 10 days to go.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damn. Chinese are really crazy about numeric domains. Guess this is all adding value to our numeric domain investments as well.

Happy numeric domain selling y'all.

•••
There is more money to be made in this business over the next 5-10 years than ever before.

I'm willing to bet that buying Business.com in the 1990's will pale in comparison to the opportunity that exists today for those making wise investments.

•••
There is more money to be made in this business over the next 5-10 years than ever before.

I'm willing to bet that buying Business.com in the 1990's will pale in comparison to the opportunity that exists today for those making wise investments.
either that or there will be an opportunity to lose money like never before ;)

Last edited:
•••
I believe there will be a lot to be made with a long future in numerics. It's a perfect storm in domaining. The numeric era is different from all the others for a couple key reasons. One, they're almost considered "collectibles", comparable to collecting stamps, coins baseball, cards, etc.... Two, they have global participation such as with Asia. Three, numbers are more unique, and not an infinite selection as with words and letters. Four, it seems to only be limited to .com and .net extensions with having future value, thus increasing the value even more. I've been doing this 10 years and have seen nothing like this. Numerics have essentially replaced the need for creating new gTLD extensions.

Numerics being collectible is a huge impact. For example, I have a few good ones that I really just want to sit on with no intention of selling, similar to a collector mentality. That mentality will also increase the value as a lot of people may not want to part with them.

And to think, this is still the very very beginning in its embryonic stage.

•••
I believe there will be a lot to be made with a long future in numerics. It's a perfect storm in domaining. The numeric era is different from all the others for a couple key reasons. One, they're almost considered "collectibles", comparable to collecting stamps, coins baseball, cards, etc.... Two, they have global participation such as with Asia. Three, numbers are more unique, and not an infinite selection as with words and letters. Four, it seems to only be limited to .com and .net extensions with having future value, thus increasing the value even more. I've been doing this 10 years and have seen nothing like this. Numerics have essentially replaced the need for creating new gTLD extensions.

Numerics being collectible is a huge impact. For example, I have a few good ones that I really just want to sit on with no intention of selling, similar to a collector mentality. That mentality will also increase the value as a lot of people may not want to part with them.

And to think, this is still the very very beginning in its embryonic stage.

You said .com and .net have you cheked .cc upto 6N.cc all are gone.

Do you think it can go to 7N and 8N and more , how far it can reach may be 12N???

•••
I used to think 9n, but I'm starting to think 6n will be it as far as significant value, and maybe 7n and 8n with really good patterns, but I think ultimately it will be 6n and it's heading in that direction. A month ago having a couple zeros in front of a 6n was bad, and that seems to have rapidly changed. Now having a couple zeros (2 or 3) seems to increase the value. I believe even having 1 zero in front of a 6n will also increase. This is in part because 0 is a very lucky number to the Chinese, and having it start with a series of zeros appears to be sought after. Do a search on .com and .net starting with 2 or 3 zeros. All of the extensions are gone, and that's going up to 8n +. So we all thought leading with zeros was bad, when those could actually be the best.

Another thing to look for, is that there are not many numeric .nets for sale compared to .coms. I think the game may have changed a bit (at least in China) as they possibly seem to value the .net more than the .com. I know this because I'm tracking the number of views on my domains from China, and none are viewing the .coms, and they're all over the .nets.

At the moment, buying numerics is similar to buying a stock with a "float". People are dumping their numerics, and people are buying them up. Once the selling slows, and the buys keep coming in more and more, the value will then surge. Give it another 3-6 months when the selling slows and this will really get exciting.

•••
•••
•••
I have gotten an offer through email written in chinesse, but translated it was saying that the 6N I had will be nice for mobile type in use basically, and asking for a price quote. But I couldn't really decide on a number to start at.

•••
I have gotten an offer through email written in chinesse, but translated it was saying that the 6N I had will be nice for mobile type in use basically, and asking for a price quote. But I couldn't really decide on a number to start at.

Namebio.com is your friend for research

•••
I'm with HireDomains on the long term hold. Let people keep dumping and let those names get bought up. There's a lot of selling taking place, and things will change as people begin to sit on them. With L's, there are variations of acronyms and words that can be used infinitely. With Numerics and numbers, there is only one number. Throwing out the 4, and it makes even less available. In this game, I would stay away from the 4 forever despite what they're currently selling for. No long term value in my opinion and I would dump those now for whatever you can get. Just a guess. Having a 4 is similar to having a misspelled word.

•••
I have a domain with a 4 and it gets attention (4N) scarcity does play a part

•••
Ya with 4n with a 4 you can't go wrong. That's definitely a nice one. American buyers will always want that either way and will pay big for it. 6n its not that good in my opinion.

Scarcity is why having a couple zeros in front of a 6n might pay off. Almost brings it down to a 4n (not quite though) in availability.

•••
I have an "ugly duckling" 5N with two zeros and a four ..... one it will be worth something, scarcity !

•••
Ya that's a keeper too. I dont think the 4 hurts as bad until you get to 6n. And then it's the kiss of death, at least for now. There's a lot of them available at the expired auction that are not doing too well. Hell, the Chinese got that unlucky 4 stuck in my head now and I feel like deleting them out of my port. :-/

•••
Ya with 4n with a 4 you can't go wrong. That's definitely a nice one. American buyers will always want that either way and will pay big for it. 6n its not that good in my opinion.

Scarcity is why having a couple zeros in front of a 6n might pay off. Almost brings it down to a 4n (not quite though) in availability.

4N with a 4 or without a 4 ?

•••
Even with a 4 ....... a 4N is a keeper !!!

•••
With a 4n you probably cant go wrong with a 4. Even if the Chinese don't like it, American buyers still do, and maybe the Chinese would over look a 4 in it with a 4n. 4n's are going for crazy numbers.

•••
4N.com might be, 4N.net might not.
Chinese are running away from 4 for some reason. I am going to make a blog about some research I did recently, my domain scans are running.

•••
I would rather go longer with .com that short with .net, i do have a couple of 4 character .nets that I grabbed on the godaddy sale recently ...... more for fun than anything though. Must admit a 3N .net would be handy though

•••
I agree with 3N.net and 3L .net both, I think they will definitely be liquid always.

•••
Don't get me wrong there is a market, but the .com market will always be the main contender when it comes to numerics. It's just the industry standard, now and always I suspect

•••
There aren't really a lot of numeric .nets for sale. Very few in comparison. My guess is because the Chinese hit those hard and seem to like the .net. Of course Chinese sellers aren't as big on Godaddy, which explains the shortage of .nets being sold. Don't underestimate something crazy taking place with numerics and .nets. This game seems to be changing.

I've been following the godaddy expiring auction, etc... and they can't give away 6n with a 4 in it. People won't even buy them for $10. 6n with a 4 is getting real ugly. 7n is taking a beating as well, unless it has 3 8's, from what I can tell. The market is narrowing and coming into fruition, and is now somewhat being defined. Looks like 6n could be the cap (maybe 7n with a real good pattern, but not looking good), and 4's in a 6n may be worthless. Definitely don't overlook 5n .net, but those seem to be getting scarce pretty fast. I'm going to get those before the price starts to move, which could be in about a week at this point.

•••
I'll also add, the guy selling 0076.net is starting the bid at 10k with a buy now at 16k. I'm curious to see what will happen with that. Of course a 4n .net currently goes for around 3k, but my theory of having zeros in front creates "scarcity" (HireDomain's term), and that 0076.net could well surpass a regular 4n .net.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back