NameSilo

$6.95 Enom Retail for $50... Is it true?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am not looking at starting a domain selling site but just wish to register domains for myself at $6.95, so I guess what's best for me would be an Enom $6.95 retail account.

What's the catch to this, if any? Will I be able to self-register my own domains at $6.95 total, as well as have myself as the registrar, etc? I feel uneasy about it somehow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2752851003&category=11153

Please advice, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You'd be able to take care of all of your registrations and renewals for that $6.95/per price (basic .COM's, .NET's, .US's, and the like), but I'm a bit uneasy with the $50.00 price here as posted ... as typically these go for between $225 - $350, as I've observed here in the "Sales/Advertising Forum". Check some of the threads here in the "Discussions Forum", as well as there ... and allow other's to comment here as well, who are more fluent with the Enom Reseller accounts (and specifically, the premuim $6.95 accounts (which are no longer available directly from Enom, and thus "premium").
We'll figure out this pricing aspect here for you! :)
Welcome to Namepros.
B-)

•••
I figured it's 50 bucks because it's an Enom RETAIL account and not a reseller account. Enom $6.95 reseller accounts go for about $300, but a $6.95 retail... hmmm...?

•••
Originally posted by drmaximus
I figured it's 50 bucks because it's an Enom RETAIL account and not a reseller account. Enom $6.95 reseller accounts go for about $300, but a $6.95 retail... hmmm...?

Good point ... and that's what I get for posting with toothpicks in my eyes! :laugh:
Will put the word out to some of the more proficient Enom Reseller/Retail Namepros folks before I head off the bed ... like I said, we'll get you some answers here. Thanks and have a great domain night (errrr ... morning). :)
:zzz:

•••
Just to add before I hit the sack: I would still think more than twice before paying $50 for a retail account since $7.95 reseller accounts are available for about $20. The $30 differential alone would require an additional 30 domain year registrations to breakeven, ignoring the fact that a reseller account has more potential than a retail account. Only on my 31st domain year registration would I be able to claim, time value of money aside, that I have saved a hundred cents. Right... or left? :D

•••

From the auction ad, it appears to be a $6.95 reseller account. The seller looks legit. If it's true, that's an awesome price.

I would still think more than twice before paying $50 for a retail account since $7.95 reseller accounts are available for about $20. The $30 differential alone would require an additional 30 domain year registrations to breakeven, ignoring the fact that a reseller account has more potential than a retail account.

Agreed. The main value in having an eNom reseller account is the ability to setup your own registration site. Otherwise, I'd just recommend everyone go register $5 domains over at Rackshack.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
From the auction ad, it appears to be a $6.95 reseller account.

Hi RJ,

I think you missed the fine print...in the green box:

"NOT same package, you're bidding on a Ratail package--you cannot have resellers under you) for just $50.00" :]

[added]

Err...now I'm confused...it also says: "You can set up domain registration website to sell domain for a nice profit"...can retail accounts do that?

Man, I need some sleep :] Goodnight everyone! :zzz:

Last edited:
•••
I saw that too Spring. It's confusing. It also says right above the pricing, "Reseller Account Discounted Prices:"

Also in his features list it says "Each domain registered gets automatically deducted from funds available. " which sounds characteristic of a reseller account.

One of the reasons I'm assuming it's a reseller account is that to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a $6.95 retail account.

eNom adds ~$1.20 in fees to cover transaction costs, so a $6.95 reseller can only create a $8.15 retail account.

So who knows! Someone buy one and let us know. :)

•••
•••
Originally posted by fattee77
It's a scam. He's giving the impression that he's selling a reseller account, but doesn't. He ripped me off too, but for far more then $50. I thougt it was a reseller account also. I asked for a refund rightaway, but he refused. This is his earlier auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2749096714&category=11153

Thanks for the heads up fattee. The 100% positive feedback is a little misleading then.

What was the scam that lets him advertise like this? Is it a real enom account with $6.95 pricing? Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

•••
Wow thats strange. I just u2ued RJ about this, then I saw the thread. lol. I want to purchase one really bad but I want to know for sure if it's real.

It's confusing.

•••
Originally posted by fattee77
It's a scam. He's giving the impression that he's selling a reseller account, but doesn't. He ripped me off too, but for far more then $50. I thougt it was a reseller account also. I asked for a refund rightaway, but he refused. This is his earlier auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2749096714&category=11153

Why then the 100% positive feedback?

Fattee77's Ebay link leads to an auction which has not a clue at all that the guy was NOT selling a reseller account. In his new auction, however, he alludes to it being a retail account but continues to retain his misleading reseller account descriptions.

I am still wondering why Fattee did not leave him a negative feedback. Anyway, I have emailed the seller, and will post his response if he does reply.

Last edited:
•••
It certainly is NOT a Enom 6.95 reseller account. He's just offering accounts at his website. dnbag.com to register domains for 6.95.

Don't fall for it. I did. Like I told you, he's giving the impression that it's a 6.95 Enom reseller account, but it certainly isn't. As far as leaving negative feedback: i was too pissed being ripped off at the time.

•••
Seller's response, which basically does not *quite* clear up the picture...

Greetings!

Hi, I'm sorry for the confusion ...I think reading the email you'll get a clear picture.

This is a retail account & not a reseller account -- because you cannot create similar sub-accounts under you to allow others (your resellers) to have a similar account like yours, and they get ability to register domain names in real time for their clients/ their personal use.

This is a reseller account -- beacuse you can register domains in real time and sell them to your customers ...(they'll have 2 control panels incase you opt to use our script one cp will be at your website w/ hosted script and second control panel will be: http://access.enom.com -- You can opt not to provide your customers w/ control panel access, its customizable)

Regards -- LK.

•••
That's about as clear as mud. The dnbag.com website doesn't help much either, although it appears it might be an enom API site.

•••
Definitely giving this a miss. When you try to click on the TOS, Registration Policy, etc it leads you only to the blank Sign-Up page.

http://www.dnbag.com/newaccount.php#

If a free account can be had with them directly at DNBag.com with which I can register at $6.95, why should I pay $50 to purchase an account from Ebay? That's outrageous and people should be wary of this guy's auctions.

Added: Did you even check out their Contact and Help pages?!

•••
If you signup at dnbag.com, the cost is $100. So you save $50 by going through the eBay auction. I'm just not clear on what type of account you are getting. Perhaps we should invite him over to clarify.

•••
Wow - I didn't even come across the page about the $100 signup. But I have emailed a second time, let's see how LK further clarifies. Will post if s/he responds.

Final clarification with their second email reply...

Hi,

You cannot have sub-accounts under you! You can only register domains on behalf on your clients. And cannot create a username & password where your clients can login and register multiple domains for themself/ for their clients!

Regards -- LK.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I asked someone about this, and she said you can create domains but it's still under his account. She said that he might take the domains you registered, since he has access to it.

•••
•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Anything's possible, Pepper. You might want to check with aplus first. Maybe they got them from the same source?

thanks tom...

Another user from India. imagine that...

Troy Godshall | www.aplustemplates.com

I told them about it ^

•••
Well, I have emailed that guy before about the accounts, he said I can create sub-accounts, but for every sub-accounts created, I have to give him $50, so I didn't buy any eNom account from him.

•••
Well, I _can_ tell you that there is at least one $6.95 eNom retail account that exists -- I know because I had one for a few days and re-sold it (was falsely advertised to me as a reseller account, but thats a different story). In some ways the retail aspect is a nice feature - no 3% fee or $100 minimum for CC refills. Larger volume users (who tend to be the ones that want 6.95 accounts) don't really care about a $100 minimum anyway, and you can always send them a check (cheque)!

But I digress.

Yes 6.95 retail accounts do exist. That is all. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back