Dynadot

5ups.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hassan ben

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not really a fan of names that have numbers in them, except in cases where it's a very common saying, say for instance high5.com or if it is a very short 2 or 3 character numeric domain (eg. 123.com) both of which gives a name containing an number inherent value.

The name 5ups.com doesn't pass these the two main tests for me, it's not a common saying and it's not a short numeric name. Whilst it's reasonably short, this name is quite meaningless. Unless the saying 5up or 5ups becomes a well known term, for me it isn't 'worth it' in that regard. The one thing that it does have going for it, is that is it in .com.

Remember that a name doesn't have to be 'worth it' as such in order to build it up into a brand that other's recognise, use regularly and admire. Any name is a blank canvas. If it has sentimental value to you, then that may well make it worth it to you. The name isn't completely forgettable. It is really what you make it, but from an investment as a standalone domain it isn't anything special.

I also think that if you were serious about developing it, it would be important that you owned the non-number equivalent as well, so that there is no confusion when typing the name, so that you could have one redirect to the other... high5.com and highfive.com.

Good luck

•••
its not 7ups.com. Nice though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back