IT.COM

domain 4moola.com - Newbie first thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

4moola

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, it's good to be here. I have some domain names (some of them backed up by logos) and I'm curious to hear your opinion. I participated to GM's name contest with gem-0; do you think gem-0.com has any potential? How about 4moola.com?

Also: how/where can one sell a .name domain? Where can one find rich guys willing to pay big moola for a unique name for their newborn?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gem-0. worthless. Hyphen makes it worth less, but even without it, gem0 would mean nothing. You'd have a hard time selling it imo.

4moola. It's kind of brandable because it makes sense (for moola)... you could stick it on a marketplace like Brandbucket or Brandpa and hope for the best in the $1.5-3k range.

•••
Barman, thanks for your input. If you would look up gem-0.com in the context of GM's contest you might change your mind (my submission is at the bottom of the blog).

(2) 4moola also reads FORMULA, or "Formula for moola" and it has a very smart logo associated to the TLD (they'll ONLY be sold TOGETHER).

As a newbie I'm not allowed to post links yet, but you surely know how to get to gem-0.com and 4moola.com

•••
The contest changes nothing because a) you didn't win b) it's still a bad name.

Also, when I see 4moola i think, "for moola" which probably has more commercial value anyway over "form ula" (which in that case, it should be 4mula.com, which clearly you do not own)

Last edited:
•••
Do you happen to be knowledgeable in the .name thingy (I'm not)? I have a hunch that I hit the Jackpot with adave.name for which I recently created a blog; what's your take on that "outstanding unique name" (I hope you don't hate math ..)?

•••
According to Namebio, there has been 1 .name sale in the past 5 years.

Adave.com would be a nice name. Adave.name is worthless.

•••
.com stands for commercial. If some rich dude (say a celeb or a sheikh) wants a unique name for his newborn he'll not be looking for something commercial, cuz it's not about some site selling cosmetics or car insurance. Check what Verisign has to say about .name

And yeah, you probably hate math ...

•••
No you're right. Let us know when you sell the name for big $$$!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneoneone

•••
.com stands for commercial.

That's a very common misconception. Originally the .com TLD was invented in the mid 1980's when the internet was strictly used by the military and universities as a communication vehicle. There are a lot of theories about what it stands for but no one seems to truly know.

But it can't be "commerce" because at the time it was invented there was no commerce on the internet. It most likely stands for either "communication" or it's an acronym for something which likely may be “Communications O{something} M{something}” or “C{something} O{something} M{something}”. Although there is a good chance it was short for "company" since the first entity to use it was a company.

I once asked the guy who invented the internet (Al Gore) and he said it stood for Climate change On Mars. He was very sure about it and would not accept further speculation on it.

Last edited:
•••
.name is a rather UNpopular TLD and hyphens in domains are not as popular as they once were long ago.

My appraisals are...

adave.name - $1 (to a spammer)

gem-0.com - $12 (to a spammer)

I can see 4moola.com going for up to mid $XXX to a successful internet marketer (the type that sells "systems" to make money yesterday using a slimy sales page). If I were you, I'd try selling it on Warrior Forum. I can see it now...

SNJ5SkA.png

•••
"My appraisals are...

adave.name - $1 (to a spammer)

gem-0.com - $12 (to a spammer)"

I don't care much about gem-0 since I only participated in GM's contest cuz the winner will be interviewed and I wanted to mention ADAVE to get some exposure in the media and also to present GM my never4get.us. But you're off a few (6 to 7) zeroes when speaking about ADAVE.

I dared anybody on the internet (so not only in US) to come up with a smarter (in modern history) lucky charm logo than 4moola and for over 10 years: crickets ... I dare anybody now to come up with a smarter new name with a planet-wide well-known historical and cultural background and guess what: more crickets ...

Most people are not creative but love to criticize other dudes' work ..

•••
I'm laughing as I'm typing, so please forgive any typos. I'm literally ROFLMAO....

If you don't like criticism and opinions, then you are better off not asking people for appraisals. When you post for appraisals, you are asking cor criticism. But it's not proper etiquette to argue in such childish manner when you get low appraisals.

Just use estibot and call it a day.

You are also mor than welcomoe to spend your money on professional appraisals if you like.

Last edited:
•••
a dialogue is NOT necessarily about arguing. You seem to be surprisingly easy to be amused, oh well. Anyway, if you'd have mentioned that all you wanted was to post your monologue on this thread I wouldn't have bothered you ..

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back