3/15 98717 2705 21.60%
4/1 95691 3026 20.94%
4/15 92480 3211 20.24%
5/1 89394 3086 19.56%
5/15 87861 1533 19.23%
6/1 83512 4349 18.27%
6/15 81825 1687 17.91%
7/1 80182 1643 17.55%

If current trend keeps, all will be gone by next Oct.

I am not able to post image here. You can go to dyyo.com for a graphic view.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi 3par,
thank you for your updates/analysis. and your great site!! :)

[cbfp.com and hqmt.com just sold for quite nice figures @ sedo....]

•••
I think llll.com will never be exhausted because some are registered but some are dropping. yet some good llll.com will be hard to grab.

•••
worldstar said:
I think llll.com will never be exhausted because some are registered but some are dropping. yet some good llll.com will be hard to grab.

Are you joking???

•••
•••
An expected trend to be honest, LLLL domains were always going to eventually all be taken. However, that does not mean the value will necessarily rise for the foreseeable future and thus people may let their domains drop. I would expect unregistered domains to level out around 3-5%.

•••
DYYO is an excellent site GREAT JOB

•••
Well I took another 100 out of circulation last night, maybe a waste maybe not but I came late to the game on LLL.com / LLL.us etc and I'd rather waste a few hundred bucks than completely miss another one.

As a hint for those looking for names to register, there are no domains left without the unpopular letters, but if you look for combinations where the unpopular letters mean something with "the best" letters for the remainder there are still good finds out there, for example:

llTX (Texas)
llNV (Nevada)
llAZ (Arizona)

I just used states as an example, but you get the idea. Hope this is helpful. The DYYO site is a fantastic place to hunt for these.

•••
Thanks for all your kind words.

I myself come very late to this game. Looking at previous history, I think 4 letter domains might take off. So I start registering them recently. I cannot find much information online so I build this site for fellow domainers, as well as my own use. The good thing here is that my database is updated daily. At least so far. :hehe: So you can click on the browse to konw exactly how many is avaialble on today.

The state in the acronym is definately an interesting idea. As anything started with NY are all gone.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting, according to the dyyo.com search, there are no 4 letter domains excluding the letters "zyxqvjwfku" avaliable.

•••
Lasher said:
Well I took another 100 out of circulation last night, maybe a waste maybe not but I came late to the game on LLL.com / LLL.us etc and I'd rather waste a few hundred bucks than completely miss another one.

As a hint for those looking for names to register, there are no domains left without the unpopular letters, but if you look for combinations where the unpopular letters mean something with "the best" letters for the remainder there are still good finds out there, for example:

llTX (Texas)
llNV (Nevada)
llAZ (Arizona)

I just used states as an example, but you get the idea. Hope this is helpful. The DYYO site is a fantastic place to hunt for these.

I think you bring up excellent points. Domainers should find a way to make so called unpopular letters work for you.

•••
rmwebs said:
Interesting, according to the dyyo.com search, there are no 4 letter domains excluding the letters "zyxqvjwfku" avaliable.

I think you can remove "f" from that list --- if any are avaliable, I surely have missed them. PM me for NP$ if you know some

•••
I tried to get Jixz.com (pronouncable, 4 letter) appraised here but not many people said more than high $xx.. is it worth putting on sedo etc?

•••
Sedo costs nothing unless you sell. Then it costs 10%, which includes a basic escrow. There is a $50 minimum charge if the domain is not parked with them, higher minimum if it is an unusual extension. So it is "worth it", because it costs nothing, but offers and sales are rare there unless you have something REALLY good.

•••
I love four letter .coms for future returns. Thanks in part to dyyo, I own the following 4 letter .coms. Some of these are Pr 3 and I think one is PR 4. I noticed that many llll.coms are asian related.

ALRK.COM (typo for lark?)
BYKC.COM (products made in Kansas City)
DQCT.COM
EIYK.COM
GLDY.COM (Gold related?)
GUSJ.COM (Anyone know Gus J.?)
NNLV.COM (No Nonsense Las Vegas)
PUOK.COM (Brandable and means something in Asia?)
QWAI.COM (Definately brandable)
RFMB.COM (My site)
RNCU.COM (RNC University?)
RVKC.COM (Recreational Vehicles in KC)
SRUZ.COM (Another pronouncable name)
XJHD.COM

I also own NSEW.US as in North, South, East, West.

•••
3par,

Did some big purchase happen recently. I saw today's count on LLLL.COM domains at 56367. Or would this be more of the domain testing?

•••
They're definitely getting popular, they used to be tasted then dropped now most of them are not dropping. They've also been going for $20-30 (without q,x,z) in most of the drop auction sites I visit, unless they have a specific meaning of course then they go much higher.

•••
Vurg, it is supposed to be traffic testing.

On July 12, a total of 18593 domains were registered. One guy got 10886, another guy got 6143. They hit letters started from i to q, drive most of them down to ~500, except q.

I really hate them as they mess up my statistics and when they are gone, I have to spend a lot of processing time, and got a huge drop list.

By the way, did you notice that the four letter domans tyically have type in traffic? I see it about 1/3 hit per day. I also fint it extremely difficult to find the key work. I have domain got 5 hit per day making me nothing.

•••
Same here, I have ueeb.com getting 3-5 visits a day but can't get any clicks on it, I put it on the portal at namedrive to see what people are looking for. I also have 0002.us which is getting about 40 visits a day and no clicks. Not sure if these are bots or what, I put that on the portal too, hopefully it will give some insight.

•••
I have been watching a small area of remaining LLLL.coms. The number available has fallen by nearly 1/3 in 3 days. Glad I picked most of what I wanted before. They seem to have picked better names but left some equally good. I show many domains no longer available from "f" to "q" and some also in the later section of "w". It will be interesting to see what they let go. I also show about 10% new names added in that period - as the WWW churns.

My LLLL.coms also get traffic - not a lot, but more than my others. I think the reason that there is little revenue is that the names are so non-specific. Visitors could be looking for literally anything. Still there should be trends.

•••
The person who took 10886 domains, even if only tasting them for traffic, that is still a $2500 investment to return them all within the grace period. Hope they have more luck monetizing the LLLL domains than I do :)

•••
HBK216 said:
I think you bring up excellent points. Domainers should find a way to make so called unpopular letters work for you.

I think its time for us to invent some new words beginnign with zxyj

•••
There are more langurages other than English. And good letters in English might not be so good in other languages.

Take four letter combination start with ZJ. Do you think how many ZJxx might be available?
500 out of 676? 300 out of 676?

The number is 79 . Considering UKxx still got 70 available, this number is not too shabby.

I am not recommending dners register this kind of domain. Just some people find use out of them.

I will be compiling some statistics about the letter usage.

Last edited:
•••
The premuim LLLL's are all that i see are worth anything....Well mids are nice aswell....But LLLL's that do not have official acronym use....Aren't worth anything imo....People make up names for them...But you have to sell that to an end-user buyer....And that wouldn't be easy to do.

•••
-X- said:
....But you have to sell that to an end-user buyer....
Nope. Run some random 3 letter .coms. There are a lot of parking pages on those names. Yet those parked domains have a ready market. Is it the "greater fool" theory that a buyer will come along who will pay more, or is there some kind of collector value to these things. I would say something of both.

Four letter .coms are an easy market to understand. And end users are there, some of them. I imagine there are people with the means to do it who are calculating the odds of buying out all the remaining LLLL.coms, parking them and putting a high $$$ price tag on each of them. It is a numbers game that just might work. And then the reseller price could catch up to 3 character.coms.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back