IT.COM

3 letters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the wholesale value of these 3 letter domains, the lowest prices witht he crappy letters.

3 letters .biz
3 letters .net
3 letters .info
3 letters .us
3 letters .com

I just want to assess how each is going to get some in the extention that I feel will get the best return!

Thanks
Raymond

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
meaningless letters only have value with .com.
meaningful letters eg sin will have value down all the extensions, but difficult to appraise without example..........

•••
1rrr1 said:
What is the wholesale value of these 3 letter domains, the lowest prices witht he crappy letters.

3 letters .biz
3 letters .net
3 letters .info
3 letters .us
3 letters .com

I just want to assess how each is going to get some in the extention that I feel will get the best return!

Thanks
Raymond

If you are talking the worst of the really crappy letters including more than one, like ZQY.tld, then I'd estimate below on a worst case basis:

3 letters .biz < $10
3 letters .net < $30
3 letters .info < $20
3 letters .us < $15
3 letters .com < $60

By "<", I mean it could be zero as well for a really bad combo.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
3 letters .biz < $10
3 letters .net < $30
3 letters .info < $20
3 letters .us < $15
3 letters .com < $60
I'd have to disagree with you a bit -_- A 3 letter .com no matter how many bad letters (i.e. zyq) is worth around $1,000 (at lowest high $XXX). If you can get crappy 3 letter .coms for $60, I'll be glad to have you be my broker :)

meaningless .nets are probably worth in the low $XXX.

Although these prices seem exhorbitant, remember that every 3 letter .com/.net and other extensions are all taken and therefore worth a lot.

I remember a thread where someone asked whether if you have the opportunity, to buy 3 letter .coms (meaningless ones) for under $1,000, should you do it. Most people replied with yes

Last edited:
•••
There is a very big difference if the 3 letter names contain numbers/hyphens or not.Any 3 letter domain without numbers/hyphens has good value,even more so if it is a com.Sometimes its hard to spot their real value though.

•••
piraulos0 said:
There is a very big difference if the 3 letter names contain numbers/hyphens ...
That wouldn't be a 3-LETTER, would it?

•••
the only ones that hold any value are .com .net and .org
.com: low $x,xxx can get up to low $xx,xxx
.net: mid $xxx to high $xxx
org: high $xxx

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
If you are talking the worst of the really crappy letters including more than one, like ZQY.tld, then I'd estimate below on a worst case basis:

3 letters .biz < $10
3 letters .net < $30
3 letters .info < $20
3 letters .us < $15
3 letters .com < $60

By "<", I mean it could be zero as well for a really bad combo.
I don't agree your list.
If you check all 3 letter .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz with pendingDelete domain status, all are backordered at godaddy. all of their value would be higher than $18.95 (backorder fee). to my thinking,

3 letters .biz ... low$xx - mid$xx
3 letters .net ... I don't know
3 letters .info ... high$xx
3 letters .us ... I don't know
3 letters .com ... I don't know
3 letters .org ... low$xxx-mid$xxx

•••
well the others im not sure of... but..

for .cc names i continuesly got low $xxx offers for led.cc ussually I say no, but when times come tough I try to sell for..$50 or whatever..and no offers lol. itsa mad mad mad mad world.

•••
I'd also have to agree 3 letter .com with bad letters are around $800 Wholesale.

•••
LeeRyder said:
well the others im not sure of... but..

for .cc names i continuesly got low $xxx offers for led.cc ussually I say no, but when times come tough I try to sell for..$50 or whatever..and no offers lol. itsa mad mad mad mad world.

Well, that definitely is frustrating... but in such a case, it is a question of the right buyer in the right place at the right time.

I totally disagree with the $xx evaluations of any true 3 letter (no numbers or dashes or IDNs) for any of the gTLD variants. That includes com/net/org/us/biz ...

Rob

•••
WOW!

I'm really amazed by the valuations I see in this thread! 3-Letter domains have been soaring in value over the years, and I personally find many of the above lower appraisals to be extremely on the low side.

From what I've seen, here's the minimum wholesale for 3 LETTER (all letter only and regardless of letter quality) as of today:

.com = $1000
.net = $200
.org = $70
.info = $50
.biz = $20
.us = $7

Letter quality and acronym usefulness play a large role in sales prices for these domains. A 3-letter domain such as anr.com is worth much more than xqv.com, but even so the latter would still be worth $1k easy.

In my own appraisal methods in evaluating a domain, if I can find a 3-letter domain below the numbers I have posted above, that's an absolute buy if I have the money. I pretty much buy any 3-letter .com, .net, .org, .info I can find below these minimum values (which is rare to impossible now adays) if I have funds available.

For a point of reference, here's my same chart (which is derived from what I see in the marketplace) from a year ago (I keep this chart updated every quarter to aid me in evaluating domains for purchase):

1 Year Ago (From late March 2004) Minimum Wholesale Values for 3-Letter:
.com - $750
.net - $100
.org - $30
.info - $15
.biz - $8
.us - Reg Fee.

I think you can see how these domains have yielded a great return over the last year and bare in mind that these are MINIMUM WHOLESALE VALUES! It's very rare to find a 3-letter domain selling at bare minimum or below (sometimes people don't know what their names are worth and sell too cheap).

And what other investment classes have had such a good track record over the last year? And further, I didn't even mention that one can make money with parking these domains too (because many get decent traffic due to their short length and acronym possibilities).

Hope this helps!
:) Andrew

•••
3 letters .biz -10+
3 letters .net -10+
3 letters .info -10+
3 letters .us -10+
3 letters .com -10+

you notice the plus?

•••
furan said:
I don't agree your list.

Yes, most are worth more, and I have over 300 for which I ask on average $850 for at retail. The original question was for "crappy" ones, which is what my answer was for. By crappy, I mean having at least two or three of the undesirable letters.

If they were really worth more than $8, they wouldn't appear on the drop list at all, would they? Someone had them and couldn't sell them. That doesn't mean another gambler won't spend more than they're worth to a real user. Every day thousand of people buy names worth nothing.

•••
I sold a couple 3 letter .US domains for $300 and $500 last week, and have other similar sales in the works. These were very good letters though, and one was even a word. There is no easy answer, because so much depends on the quality of letters, acronym etc.

I must say that IMHO, there is no definitive guide for this, or for doing appraisals either (for that matter). What you usually get when you ask 20 different people, is 20 different answers. The only way to really learn what domains are worth, is to look around at the market, other people's sales, your own sales (etc.) and get your hands dirty. Not for a day, week or month. It takes time to get a 'feel' for it, and it's not something that can be learned (or taught) overnight. It also constantly changes as the market (and certain extensions) rise and fall, so it's a continuing learning and adjustment process for all of us.

Last edited:
•••
zestydomains*com said:
From what I've seen, here's the minimum wholesale for 3 LETTER (all letter only and regardless of letter quality) as of today:

.com = $1000
.net = $200
.org = $70
.info = $50
.biz = $20
.us = $7
Thanks, I was thinking around that amount. I was pretty surprised at some of the response from this. Those were the figures which I was thinking about, but since I only own many 3 letter .us and 3 3 letter .biz from a sale a few days ago, I wanted to see the other ones so I can buy into them.

•••
HI All

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your comments in think thread it is really helpful..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
Well AA any letter combo of lll.com is worth way more than $60 you must be kidding DO you have any you want to sell for $100?

ZESTY as usual with LLL you are right on, What WOT is to .co.in you are to LLL.IMO

•••
Or even in the mid $XXX range.

•••
equity78 said:
ZESTY as usual with LLL you are right on, What WOT is to .co.in you are to LLL.IMO
Spot on!

•••
Assuming the letters and acronyms are low quality, and assuming we are talking wholesale, IMHO some of these prices listed are pretty close, but there is a lot of room for opinion. Of course, for good or great letters or acronyms, much, much higher. And with .com, even bad letter combinations hold decent value.

However, I don't suggest paying $2500 for ZKQ.com, in hopes of a great profit return in the future (or worse, just to say that you own a 3 letter .com). :o :sick:

Last edited:
•••
FOR awful the worst, $60 is no where close for LLL.com

•••
for something like ZKQ.com, the max I would pay is probably something like $900. IMO that is a cheapish price for a 3 letter .com with such combinations.

•••
I think that
com = $1000
.net = $200
.org = $70
.info = $50
.biz = $20
.us = $7
is fairly accurate.
I have to disagree with the .us though. Random letters with a bad letter in the combo like z,q,x etc. my fetch $7. Also I think .us will grow in the future when companies in the U.S. realize all the .com's are taken for the company name.

•••
i think that $7 is fair for 3 letter .us for the time being because it is nearing the time when most are dropping or need to be renewed, so people may sel at reg fee ($7) instead of renewing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back