IT.COM

.biz 3 Letter .US or 3 Letter .Biz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you have a choice of purchasing a 3 letter domain name which extension would you choose? a dot US or dot Biz. Please just pick one of these two.

I'm thinking about buying one and developing it. I just need other domainers and website developer's opinions.

Any suggestions are welcome. Please share your thoughts and experiences with developing a 3 letter domain name(s).

Thank You in advance.

Smiler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

.us, that is, if you are a US citizen or have a business interest in the US.

•••
have you considered a .in?

Cheers
Corey

•••
I vote neither. If someone was holding a gun to my head and forced me to choose one, it would be .US. But that would be only to prevent my own death.

•••
LOL @ Microguy.

I'd vote .US. It seems slightly more legitimate than .BIZ, which just seems cheap and tacky, in my opinion. I run into more developed .US sites than .BIZ. But I guess it depends on the name (how it sounds, what it stands for, etc.).

•••
Thanks for the great insights guys. keep them coming.

•••
•••
.US, and in a much less dramatic fashion than MicroGuy because while no one was holding a gun to my head, I was asked a direct question.

•••
•••
Depends on whether you are targetting the .us market or not.

•••
In general I prefer .US, but it depends on a couple factors

1.) What is your target market.
2.) What is your target industry.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back