IT.COM

information 2000 Domains 83 Days 900 Hours and $2,340

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Bob Hawkes....this is for you, and anyone else that gives a rats petunia.

A few hours ago I hand registered the 2000th domain for a "niche" I identified December 23rd, 2020. I can't go into detail about the "niche", but it involves a new gTLD extension that has the potential to seriously rival .com someday.

Initially I intended to register 100 names in this niche, but after the first week I realized I'd just scratched the surface with really good one and two keyword domains. I think I've showcased a couple hundred of these domains on another thread here on NP and you can check them out if you'd like. On average, "if" the domains had a .com to the right of the dot instead of .xxxxx, they'd be valued at GD by a little over $6,000 each.

For every domain I registered I must have five more written down in two several hundred page ringed notebooks. While I haven't counted them yet, i believe there's about 200 one word domains, and the remainder are two word and a handful of three word domains.

They cover industries such as Education(Virtual), Social, Finance, Healthcare, Real Estate (commercial and residential), Food Service (Restuarants, Taste, Dining etc), Entertainment, Sports and Philanthropy. An area I don't cover much is Crypto and Bitcoin, but I do own a fair amount of Tech type domains.

Now the real work begins....recouping $2,340 should be a piece of cake based on my short term experience in this industry. And for those of you who who say, "what about the renewals".....you know my answer; "Yeah what about them:xf.smile:"

Finally, I hope to have an ad here on NP with me and possibly an associate/partner staring in the ad. And since my "niche" is competing against .com, expect to hear me professionally critiquing .com as only I can do. Please keep in mind everything I do is geared for an "end user" who knows very little about this industry.

Any questions, feel free to ask(y) Thanks Bob!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back