Dynadot

.info $2000 Afternic .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
sosnow.info sold for 2 grand today on Afternic. Good news for info holders? What is it? SO SNOW? S.O.S NOW? Man sometimes I just do not understand buyers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
geoffe said:
sosnow.info sold for 2 grand today on Afternic. Good news for info holders? What is it? SO SNOW? S.O.S NOW? Man sometimes I just do not understand buyers.

i have some infos, but none with snow....

who thought .....

too bad for me ..... :(

hope the infos start to grow soon ... :hehe:

•••
I think that's just one of those really really lucky auctions. In no way do I see sosnow.info being worth over $$$.

•••
lol... there are a lot of unrealistic people out there...

•••
I wouldn't be surprised if it really did sell for that much, all the other extensions are registered also.

•••
crap that is a lot for this domain. What does it mean anyways?

•••
Maybe SOS is an acronym.

SOS [not an acronym] a common misconception is that SOS means Save Our Ship/Souls (a distress call); the letters don't actually stand for anything
SOS MAYDAY (logging abbreviation)
SOS Sibling Over Shoulder (chat)
SOS Sack Of Stuff (polite form)
SOS Samaritans of Singapore
SOS Same 'ol Situation
SOS Same Old Song
SOS Same Old Story
SOS Same Old Stuff (polite form)
SOS Sarcoidosis Online Sites
SOS Save Often Stupid
SOS Save Our Sailors (Sailor Moon anime)
SOS Save Our Saucepans
SOS Save Our School
SOS Save Our Service (Scotland)
SOS Save Our Shoreline, Inc. (Michigan)
SOS Save Our Shows (TV Guide)
SOS Save Our Society
SOS Save Our Souls
SOS Save Our Wild Salmon

•••
ddrassociate said:
Maybe SOS is an acronym.
SOS......

Even with all those lovely acronyms you listed, I still think that $2000 is too high for this .INFO domain name. Very suspicious.

AmCy

•••
SOS Save Our Wild Salmon???

Thats an... interesting..... acronymn :lol:

•••
The domain business is a very funny business because there is no rules for pricing.
There is unofficial pricing guidelines among resellers for some names:
3 letter .net 200+
3 letter .com 1,000+

but for any other names, the domain price is what the buyer willing to pay.
Many times I received email offers for my names which I can hardly refuse the offer!

Remember if you own the name then you control the price - there is no two identical names so don't let any one tell you otherwise.

With that being said - don't sell your name cheap!!!

John

•••
A few others that seem very hight at Afternic today
tabletop.com 8,333.00
EmeraldPassport.com* 5,000.00
0g4.com* 350.00 Kind of high for a NLN don't ya think?

•••
A quick google search seems to indicate that Sosnow is a surname. Maybe someone really wanted their last name for personal or business.

•••
Hm, still suspicious that it went for $2000! I bought my surname (gridley) as a .name and was glad to get it...

AdoptableDomains said:
A quick google search seems to indicate that Sosnow is a surname. Maybe someone really wanted their last name for personal or business.

•••
SOS = Stomp Out Smoking
SOS = Some One Sexy
SOS = Some One Strong

•••
It goes to show you that any domain can be worth anything... it all depends on how much the end buyer wants the domain

•••
dgridley said:
Hm, still suspicious that it went for $2000! I bought my surname (gridley) as a .name and was glad to get it...

Look closely at the first page of the google search though. Most of the Sosnow names refer to doctors, lawyers, and one refers to an insider trade filing at Yahoo.

Time will tell when the domain actually changes hands. It appears it's now at BuyDomains.com, since they use their DNS, but is in the name of a Saudi. That's probably not an uncommon sale for BD.

•••
dgridley said:
I bought my surname (gridley) as a .name and was glad to get it...

I have obtained the .us, info, and .biz of my surname, as well as my full .com name, all through drop services. I think the highest I paid was about $200, but may have gone higher on the first one obtained.

•••
Afternice is pure BS. I wouldnt trust anything they say as far as I could sling a dead cat. They are the AOL and eMachines of the domain world rolled up into one (but worse).

•••
Other TLDs

I think sosnow.com is owned by CNET, and the other TLDs are taken by other people. One of the registrant's last name is Sosnow. Apparently somebody wanted it really bad.

•••
haha i wish i can sell one of my .infos for $2000 lol!

•••
selfmindead said:
haha i wish i can sell one of my .infos for $2000 lol!

i wish i can sell all my infos for $2000 lol :) :)

•••
vimkar said:
i wish i can sell all my infos for $2000 lol :) :)

haha I wish I can sell all my infos AND coms for $2000 lol :) :) :)

•••
mole said:
haha I wish I can sell all my infos AND coms for $2000 lol :) :) :)

i wish i can sell all my domain names for $2000 each....

(this can go on forever lol.....)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back