Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

jedaprin

Established Member
Impact
16.xyz Sold for $379,376 at West.cn
16 .XYZ domain names were recently sold for a total of $379,376 at West.cn .

The auction featured two letter .xyz domain names, two-number .xyz domain names, as well as three-letter and three number .xyz domain names.

Here are the results :

yy.xyz $38.583
87.xyz $15.433
884.xyz $725

http://www.domainnews.com/16-xyz-domains-sell-for-379376/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a big number! Wonder if the whois will change? Even if it does, I'm still a skeptic. So many sales without whois updates, even if this does transfer, my next question would be, "did $ really change hands?" I don't trust this registry at all anymore!

•••
Why would anyone buy a NN.xyz for the price of two NNN.coms?
This is a fake sale or an idiot bought it.
They know we are onto them now so they will/should be more careful with the whois.

Bogus sale for sure.

It's almost as high as their top 3 previous highest sales combined. Which were all single digit domains.

9.xyz 175,166 USD 2015-12-21 West.cn
6.xyz 125,000 USD 2015-11-22 FindYourDomain
8.xyz 81,741 USD 2015-09-11 4.CN

•••
Why would anyone buy a NN.xyz for the price of two NNN.coms?
This is a fake sale or an idiot bought it.
They know we are onto them now so they will/should be more careful with the whois.

Bogus sale for sure.

It's almost as high as their top 3 previous highest sales combined. Which were all single digit domains.

9.xyz 175,166 USD 2015-12-21 West.cn
6.xyz 125,000 USD 2015-11-22 FindYourDomain
8.xyz 81,741 USD 2015-09-11 4.CN

I agree this one seems too ridiculous to be legit. I think you're right about them knowing we are onto them. I actually expect to whois to change on this one for that very reason!

If this is all fake, just imagine the taxes they're going to be paying...

I think this is all about to backfire, they should stop soon. I don't think they can pull this off. I think they are paying with bitcoin to advertise on sites too.

•••
just imagine the taxes they're going to be paying.

They can make it back up by all the people who get fooled by this sale and go out and buy xyz domains.
There is no way anyone is stupid enough to buy a NN.xyz for that much money. Even if they back out, it will still give the perception that xyz has value.

•••
They can make it back up by all the people who get fooled by this sale and go out and buy xyz domains.
There is no way anyone is stupid enough to buy a NN.xyz for that much money. Even if they back out, it will still give the perception that xyz has value.

I think more people have a bad feeling about xyz than you think. I doubt they're going to get any new reg off this news. This is "too good to be true", everyone will assume this is a scam. All that is lacking is more proof.

I told someone to register 'advertise.xyz' (was a reg fee $1 non-prem) awhile back. He did and promised to share 20% of the profits from sale with me. I've been pushing him to put it on auction, but he isn't even responding. I have a feeling I was scammed by trying to help some 'noob' out. advertise.xyz is one of the best words you can have in this ext, and if it sold for peanuts on a well advertised auction, we would have even more proof that this is all fake.

•••
All that is lacking is more proof.

The fake sale amount is all the proof I need.

The "sold" price is 3 times higher than the top 3 NN.xyz sale combines.

88.xyz 70,000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
22.xyz 26,545 USD 2015-12-21 West.cn
87.xyz 15,433 USD 2015-12-21 West.cn

Rough total for these 3 sales is $112,000!

•••
•••
And funnily, there are only 15 domains in the list !!

•••
1 sale or 16 there is so much b's coming from the registries, hard to believe anything you see or hear from them nowadays.

•••
•••
•••
Is there any good established website using .xyz other than abc.xyz landing page?

•••
•••
TLD scamorama is alive and well...

•••
What value do you think it's at now

•••
What value do you think it's at now
Which of the 16 different domain names do you want to know the value of?

To clarify, it was NOT 16.xyz as you said in OP. You were WRONG.

•••
I'm always wrong
Depending on what side you look at it tho

•••
Back