Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

$150 Logo/Header Contest - Web 2.0 Format

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
To celebrate the Grand Opening of WebmasterPost.com, the contest for the new header and logo for DeluxeNames.com & DeluxeHost.com is now open and will end Saturday, December 16th. The winning designs will use the Web 2.0 format as seen in the examples of this thread: http://yh.yayhooray.com/thread/90661/yh-collab:-redesign-famous-logos-in-web-2-0-format?page=1

If you may be interested in participating, please post your entries here in this thread at NamePros

Web 2.0 format is basically using rounded corrners, lots of gradient, Out-lines (also known as strokes, especailly outlined letters), fun colors, the "shadow" affect (aka: "shading"), and different fonts (not just "ariel" or "times new roman"). This format sometimes gives logos a "shinnyness" to them, but doesn't have to. (if anyone can explain this better than I, feel free and thank you).

To enter, you will be submitting two versions but they will be exactly the same except replace the word "Names" with the word "Host" in your second version. So really, the two versions will be virtually identical.

I don't like the current design and logo but you can view it at: www.DeluxeNames.com. The current design and colors of the site will be changed to match the winning header so the header should not be based on the current design of the site. The height of the header should be around 116px high and the width should be at least 745px.

I am open to any color choices. My favorite colors are blues, and white.

One of the keys to winning is to use a web 2.0 logo, not just the words "DeluxeNames" and "DeluxeHost". This logo could be some abstract rendering of "Deluxe" or just something totally abstract and yet fitting.

Please use this slogan on the "DeluxeNames" header:
"Owning a Domain Means People Can Find You...Anywhere"

Please use this slogan on the "DeluxeHost" header:
"Hosting At It's Best: Quality & Integrity"

The winner will need to provide the layered header image, and logo with a transparent background.

Besides the pride of your art being displayed for all to see at DeluxeNames.com and DeluxeHost.com, you will receive $150 USD via Paypal (from a verified Paypal account). The Moderators (who don't enter the contest) and I will be the judges. The Moderators and I will review and vote and the winner will be chosen and paid by 11pm EST on Sunday, December 17th.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
digifad said:
My entries...
LMAO Digifad! I can't stop laughing at your "Moon Landing" background! These two headers are incredibly creative of you. Thanks for being original on the logo, you get extra points for that. Both your banners make excellent use of the Web 2.0 format.


This Contest is now over and the results are in:
Believe me when I say that this was the hardest contest in the world to judge as there were 5 great headers we loved.

Nice job to everyone that entered and thank you so much for trying.

Congratulations to Digifad for winning this contest! If you would, please PM me your Paypal email address. Digifad's banners won for several reasons:
1) I'm still laughing at his very creative use of the moon landing to demonstrate the slogan, "Owning a Domain Means People Can Find You...Anywhere." That was a stoke of genius to think of this :tu:
Making people laugh will often mean they will remember your product better.

2) Your logo was original, you didn't get bogged down with following the crowd

3) You payed attention to the contest rules and submitted a banner for both "DeluxeNames" & "DeluxeHost" and I belive you were the only one that remembered to place the hosting slogan on the "DeluxeHost" banner.

4) I like your use of colors on the text and background

5) You used the Web 2.0 format very effectively

Thank you to Everyone who entered! :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Great news, DeluxeNames. I'll get my info to you right away. I also need your contact info to send the files. And need to know which file formats you would like.

Thanks!
 
0
•••
Files sent. Payment received. Thanks again, DeluxeNames!
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back