Dynadot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

barefoottech

Aussie MINISITE KingTop Member
Impact
ぉ (IDN xn--s8j.com)
Anyone with ideas on Possible Usage, Actual Meaning
I am a Newbie to IDN (Japanese Ideographs)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Jeez ,U was quick
No Idea on Meaning

•••
•••
•••
Does it have a meaning in Japanese ? Otherwise I would treat this name as a novelty item with nominal value only

•••
That is what I am Asking , Anyone know the Meaning
I will be using it otherwise as an alias for my New Manga/Anime sites

•••
Maybe you should try using a systran program?

•••
Barefoottech said:
That is what I am Asking , Anyone know the Meaning
I will be using it otherwise as an alias for my New Manga/Anime sites

first come to know what i means LOL

•••
The character "o" doesn't have any meaning by itself; it has to be used in conjunction with at least one other character to make a word. There are one character words though, such as 'a' or particles/relationals such as 'wo' or 'he'.

Nice domain, but not really great for use (as someone said before). :)

-Rick

•••
ricberw said:
The character "o" doesn't have any meaning by itself; it has to be used in conjunction with at least one other character to make a word. There are one character words though, such as 'a' or particles/relationals such as 'wo' or 'he'.

Nice domain, but not really great for use (as someone said before). :)

-Rick

yes, put it into a dictionary and nothing emerges
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html
better to reg a single character that has some meaning

•••
Let's hope it means nothing rude/bad/nasty :)

•••
•••
Put a marquee up saying "Welcome to the most confusing domain name in internet history!" and nothing else :P

But seriously, you can't hope for repeat business on that BFT. (Keep that cat off your keyboard during auctions!)

•••
Barefoottech,

I'm going to be blunt, but I know you can take it :)

This is a Japanese phonetic character, pronounced "o". "O" doesn't mean anything in Japanese. The domain is totally meaning less and I doubt if it could be developed.

A domain name containing a single Japanese phonetic character like this is generally going to be pointless, I think, because either it is going to have no meaning, or else at the other extreme some single characters could in isolation have many different meanings. Where they have many possible meanings, it would make more sense, to a Japanese, to use a Chinese character to identify clearly the exact meaning.

Martin

•••
O ,you mean I have a name that is not Worth any thing
O k I can take it
O well I will have to make the most of it
O Bugger

•••
ぉ looks cool.
PM me if you want reg fee back...

•••
i should disagree with all of you.
BFT you got a single LETTER idn .com, they are selling for 75$+ on afternic.

good luck

•••
I have decide to use it for my
TheTrillionYenHomePage.com

•••
The appraisals are not really on the spot are they, the only valid argument was about the lack of meaning which, as it is a japanese dn, implies that the current potential in type-ins is low and so the current potential market value is relatively low but surely not reg-fee...often, single-characters are considered as to general for any purpose and there are several thousand sort-like characters so the rarity is not really an issue, not at the moment anyway. I would say that it this moment it is worth between $50 and $100, not very high but then again, the idn-market is just beginning to grow.

Do a.com ------ z.com have any meaning, NO, but they have a universal connotation with any commercial product as long as it has a latin name and they are extremely easy to enter. The question you should be asking yourself is, what are non-idn single-character domains worth and how does that translate to idn single-character domains -->what are the elements that determine the value of non-idn single-characters and how can we transpose those elements onto idn single characters and further, how do they relate in a technical, linguistical and sociological sense ?

You should at least analyse the idn-character with respect of it's language, that's the determining factor in connotation, rarity and simple practical matters such as it's possible placement on keyboards.

Last edited:
•••
Isnt it just a linux line break?

•••
I don't think you can put that in a domain.

•••
Barefoottech - I have a paper money bill from former Yugoslavia - the nomila of the bill is............ 100.000.000.000 dinars.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back