NameSilo

100 Tips For IDN?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What are best 100 tips for internationalized domain names (IDN's)? Order them 1,2,3,......100

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Start collecting them before now :)

•••
100 tips? It isn't rocket science...

•••
theuniverse said:
What are best 100 tips for internationalized domain names (IDN's)? Order them 1,2,3,......100

theuniverse - do you have any idea about the tips?

I feel interested to learn it -

•••
1) Read at domain forums, particularly the various IDNF.
2) Read Wikipedia entry for IDNs- 100's of links.
3) Find IDN search resources and dictionaries at idntools.com.
4) Search, search, search, still good generic names out there but going fast.
5) Watch for good buys on the secondary market, now is the 11th hours for getting decent buys if you have read and learned via #1 and #2.
6-100) Repeat steps 1-5

•••
theuniverse, I am hoping that someone will tell me the top 10,000 tips. It would also be very handy if that person provided sources and references for each tip. Anyone?.. :laugh:

•••
Go to IDNF and buy some of the good ones still available for sale, if you have the money to invest.

Otherwise do heaps of research, and I mean HEAPS, before you register some.

•••
1rrr1 said:
Go to IDNF and buy some of the good ones still available for sale, if you have the money to invest. Otherwise do heaps of research, and I mean HEAPS, before you register some.

It's really not that hard to find great words in other languages with all of the online dictionaries, ovt, google serp, google pictures, google trends and all of the helpful native speakers at the various IDNF to confirm translations (giving you time with registrars like Dynadot to drop names).

Russian IDNs are the first to get bonafide traffic and good revenue for top searched terms. The huge publicity over idn.idn in Russia kickstarted some type in for .com and surprisingly, .net. Expecting the same for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean over the next two years as idn.idn rollout starts. Still some good opportunities, especially resales from native speakers. Grab even a few good ones while you have the chance. :)

•••
Put aside a weekend and I'm sure you can find at least 30-40 decent keywords available.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back